School suspends girl for booze-candy

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    School suspends girl for booze-candy
    12/21/07
    yahoo news>>>>>>

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rebel Patriot

Rebel Patriot Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Another example of the Zero-tolerance rules being over-used and abused.

This is not justice.

There should be discretionary disciplinary procedures - based on the context and on the circumstances.

4. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    What about the person who GAVE the girl the chocolate??? She's the one to "blame" here!! My goodness, this girl may not have had a clue that there was alcohol in that chocolate!!!

Who let that other kid bring a liquor-filled chocolate to school???????!!! They're punishing the WRONG PERSON and also over reacting - again... sigh...

5. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    School Board - 1
    Common Sense - 0

She should have given ME the filled chocolate. Five seconds and the evidence would be GONE! (Actually, I prefer those with brandy, not vodka, in them.) :biggrin_25517:

6. myminpins

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    You mean like the box of BRANDY BEANS I got Mike for Christmas???? :biggrin_255:

7. I love those things!! Yummm... I can't believe all this stuff...and they call this news?!! No wonder our kids don't know how to act, reactionaries on all sides...by the 'letter' of the law unless your killing thousands or bilking millions...or lying to Congress...makes you wonder.

This isn't new either..my son ran afoul because a bit of wrestling in the hall was perceived by a teacher as a fight and even with a visit, by me, to the Principle he was prevented from participating in the school play...this isn't justice and I don't think it teaches the children much..why couldn't they have had a sit down with both kids and explained the rules and how this wasn't appropriate? Instead it ends up in the news...

KJ

8. Ducks

Jan 1, 2007
    Yeah, I ran into it when my daughter was in high school, KJ. Luckily, she wasn't suspended, but they confiscated her little spiked bracelet and we had to meet with the principal to retrieve it for her. My quiet, straight-A, National Honor Society, straight-edge, Spanish tutor daughter was not trusted to bring her weapon home by herself. :biggrin_25526:

9. Yeah, my son was an honor student too...amazing isn't it? He wasn't suspended but he had to be secreted back stage by the other kids in the play so he could participate just by being there...he didn't get to work the lights as he had planned...it was a shame.

KJ

10. myminpins

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Pathetic, isn't it? Been there, too, with my son AND my daughter, both of who are model students. They don't give a #### about anything and they believe everything their moronic teachers say, even when you can prove them wrong. Makes me sick.

11. Ducks

Jan 1, 2007
    BRANDY BEANS??? I've never heard of them... so I'm off to do the google thing. They sound heavenly!!!

Thanks for the info, minpins. Life is good! :biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.