School suspends girl for booze-candy

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Cybergal, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Wow, knowing how I was I could have brought something like that to school to share with a friend. Even knowing it had brandy in it (at most a teaspoon..probably less) I wouldn't have thought I was bringing ALCOHOL (gasp) to school...and what about the little rat that ran and told teacher? What the hey?!

Messed up if you ask me...why is it all so harsh?! In my view this is not the way to raise kids...expelled for a brandy filled candy...way overboard.

KJ

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. palerdr

palerdr Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    sent her home 3 days before the start of vacation. I wonder if she did it on purpose because her family wanted to be the first in line to catch the plane. She got an extra 3 days out of it. Can ya blame her? What kid wouldn't want an extended vacation?

4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

She was not expelled, just suspended for three days. Very big difference.

5. How is it different, one goes in her record and the other doesn't? I wasn't aware of a difference, different words for the same thing...I thought...Thanks.

KJ

6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Expulsion means that you are kicked out of the school, suspension is just for a 1-10 day period.

7. Kicked out for good...I may be wrong but I can remember some kids quiting school, flunking grades, being expelled (suspended) for behavior but I don't remember kids begin kicked out of school...must have been where I went to school I guess...

This kid was given the punishment I thought she was...she was prevented from going to school...Thanks for the definition.

My feelings about this haven't changed....

KJ

8. palerdr

palerdr Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    albuquerque,n.m
    I'm just kidding. Suspension and expelled are two different things. Suspension means temporarily banned. Expelled means it's curtains !!! and the student would have to be home-schooled I would imagine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.