Schools in Orlando

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Cverzosa5, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Cverzosa5

Cverzosa5 Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Just wants some reviews on mid Florida tech or roadmasters or truck driving institute just wanna see which one should I go too

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'd go to Mid-Florida Tech.

4. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    That's what I'm kinda thinking about mid Florida tech though why not the other 2

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I went to a TDI school near my home. I thought they did a good job.

In general, community colleges and vocational/technical colleges/schools are more thorough than the 3 week CDL schools, like I went to. BUT, the purpose of CDL school is to pass the state CDL test and get the license, then you learn the job riding with your trainer at the first employer.

When I was in FL my options were wait several months to start CDL school at the community college, which costs $800. Or, move back home, sign a student loan for $3500 and begin a 3 week CDL class and start working 4 weeks from today. Being broke, losing my car, and only avoiding being homeless because my brother let me sleep on his couch, I opted to get the license in the next 3 weeks and start working rather than support myself for the next several months waiting for the $800 CDL school to start and hoping I could find a way to live indoors and eat during all of that time with no money and no car. My first trucking job doubled my income from my last non-trucking job. I was guaranteed a driving job the day after I had my license. IMO, CDL school is just a formality on the way to having the CDL. It's not like college where it might really really matter whether you go to Southeast Anonymous State or Yale. IMO, it's more important to find the company you want to work for than how/where you get the license.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    True I tried doing a company paid training like my problem is the testing I get nervous but when I did my pre trip I wasn't so nervous. Right now I'm kinda in that position where I'm kinda in that position right now where I'm gonna be kinda homeless. But my wife might get me a hotel for 3 weeks or more if need be but I'm gonna get like a part time job in Sanford work and go to school

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    As @tscottme posted, TDI is also good, but the college tech schools are more thorough and have an excellent reputation.
    Several drivers that post on here went to the tech school you're looking at and found high quality jobs at graduation. Go there and get all the endorsements before graduation.
    Roadmaster is too expensive; choose one of the other two.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  8. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    What school was the 800 lol

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you live in Sanford? There's a company in Sanford that will hire from the shorter school; MCT Transportation. CDL School Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000!
    MCT Transportation - Comcar Industries, Inc
    Home - Comcar Industries, Incmct
    2901 West Airport Blvd
    Sanford, FL 32771

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  10. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    Do you know what kinda endorsement are at like tech schools

11. Cverzosa5

Apr 6, 2019
    I live in Orlando like 30 min away from sanford

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.