Schools like Sage the offer one on one training?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Spacat1, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Spacat1

Spacat1 Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Are they any other schools like Sage that offer one on one training, meaning one instructor per student? I was looking at going to Sage in New Stanton, PA but since I live in Ohio upon graduation I would have to pay a third party location in Ohio a truck rental fee on top of my testing fee. I'd much rather test where I went to school.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I live in pa and went to sage in Endicott ny. They took us students that were from pa to test in pa. It wasn't any extra but this was back in 2014 things might of changed.

I would recommend sage. Besides practicing around the yard it was strictly 1 on 1 when you went out on the road. Great group of old school guys where I went

Spacat1 Thanks this.
  4. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    When I went to Roadmasters here in Ohio (I went to C'Bus) in 2003, it was 1 on 1. And in Ohio.

Spacat1 Thanks this.
  5. JLMooreKCMO

JLMooreKCMO Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2007
    You could always use the address of where you are staying while in school to get your regular drivers license, then get CDL in PA, then when you get home Tranmere CDL to OH. Talk to school to see if they know of any issues.

Spacat1 Thanks this.
  6. Spacat1

Oct 13, 2014
    I was actually looking to go this route, but Pennsylvania is super strict on transferring your license. You have to show them a utility bill or lease in your name, and if it's in someone else's name that person has to go with you.

7. Spacat1

Oct 13, 2014
    Thank you, I always thought Roadmaster had several people in the truck at once. I will call them.

8. Spacat1

Oct 13, 2014
    Thank you, they must have changed it recently, as I went to the orientation and they said if I wasn't a PA resident I would have to go for 3rd party testing in Ohio.

9. JLMooreKCMO

JLMooreKCMO Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2007
    When I moved to PA first thing I did was go online and apply for Unemployment knowing that it would be rejected and I would have the proof I needed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.