Schools, pay your own way?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by St. Velkro, Mar 1, 2007.

1. munrkr

munrkr Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Like ya said Velkro, alot has already been posted on this subject. But i'll reiterate what I think are two important points.
    1.) It really depends on the which school you are considering, and what company sponsored training you compare it with. If you do your research to the point where you can compare a single example of each to the other, it'll be alot simpler to be sure. Pare your choices of each down to one, then compare them head to head.
    2.) The cost of schooling can be tax deductable to an extent. And alot of companies offer tuition reimbursement. So it might not be as expensive as you think.

Hope this helps you make your decission. Good luck! And keep posting. :usa2:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. St. Velkro

St. Velkro Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Texas
    :biggrin100 (5): I appreciate everything everyone has said. I am still thinking (and researching 'em), and will be ready to make the decision by the time I can start training.

I'll be reading this forum from now on and will still be appreciative of comments that come in after this, but unless some one asks me to, I will not be commenting further here.

Thanks a million :salute:

Velkro

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.