Schram auto parts - Mason, MI

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by MACK E-6, Nov 5, 2007.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Ask? I would demand that they weigh it, and if it's 150 lbs and 1 ounce, say "Have a nice day."

I don't play with people like that. I keep a tape measure in the truck, and oversize shipments are measured. I write the dimensions on the bill, so hopefully when they get hit with the oversize charges they'll give that junk to some other company.

If someone wants to aggravate ME like that they're gonna pay for it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Yeah I hear you- we had one customer that was shipping tanning bed bulbs through Fed Grd, because they got tired of paying OverSize 2 charges for UPS. When the got their first bill, the head of shipping was PO'd that FXG had charged them the same OS2! But they were mostly pissed cause almost every package they sent out got shattered in transit (some didn't even make it out of our terminal, LOL) and had to be returned, although I later found out that UPS had the same crappy track record with the bulbs.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    And now, to close this story, I delivered that engine and tranny today. Someone, I don't know who, had the shipment reconsigned to the Quality Moving and Storage place nearby. I didn't care. All I know is that they had forklifts.

Funny thing is, when I got there I found the guy it was for waiting in the parking lot with a U-Haul trailer. By the time he spent the money for that, and for the reconsignment charges for the shipment if he got hit with any of those, he could have just rented himself a forklift and not even have had to be there at his house when I got there to deliver it. I would have had it off the truck and in his garage inside of 2 minutes.

What's frustrating is that all this could have been avoided if only they would have shipped that in 2 pieces instead of 1. If people would only use a little common sense, it makes everybody's life so much easier.

5. wallbanger

You hit the nail on the head- Common Sense. Too bad most people seem to have misplaced their common sense a long time ago. The shipper probably figured that they'd save some money by shipping just ONE item, as opposed to TWO. Or, the guy would be happy that he could try and install the motor and tranny in one piece (LOL!). Who knows, just happy to hear the PITA is delivered and will never be seen again (Keep Your Fingers Crossed).

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Man am I ever glad after reading ya'lls stories that I haul RUNNING autos. Key word in capital letters.

All tho............. for the right price AND help I can be conned into loading a non runner on any part of my trailer that will tilt downward. That way I can just roll the thing off the end of the trailer and where ever it comes to a stop is now the receiver's problem.

Recently I had a pickup I loaded on the top front of my trailer. When I got to the delivery it wouldn't start. I tilted the front deck up at about a good 45 degree angle and ROLLED that thing right off. I learned my lesson about 5 or 6 yrs ago on #### that does not run. When I had 3 that were loaded with a wrecker and in the long run removed the exact same way..... never again.

7. wallbanger

I thought you were going to say you left it running, LOL! I have lost count (on all my 24 fingers and toes) the number of cars,minivans and pickups that I have seen idling away, while rolling along on a parking lot! All I could think about was, hopefully they're on the top deck, last spot, so you can roll 'em off!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.