Schwan's Consumer Brands N.A., Inc. - Bloomington, Mn.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Yeti, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Yeti

Yeti Bobtail Member

Hello,

I apologize if this has been covered before! :toothy3:

Has anyone worked or currently drives for Schwan's food company?

I am highly considering them, and would love to hear any "war stories" good or bad!?

Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kc8vje

kc8vje Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2007
    East Point, KY 41216
    Personnaly, I wouldn't do it.

I looked into Schwanns about a year ago, and I was told up front, "This is a sales position, not a truck driver position. If you can't be a salesman, we don't need you".

I also talked with our local schwanns guy, and he usually works a minimum of 16 hours a day. (They are DOT Exempt) He said that you make $500 per week during training, then it's commission after that.

I don't see putting in all those hours and dealing with the public that much, for such little pay.

4. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Schwan USED to stop here every other week, I got so tired of the buy more buy more sales pitch that I just called and told them not to stop!

5. Yeti

Yeti Bobtail Member

The information I received was:

$150 guaranteed daily during training,
    Then $125 guaranteed daily for your assigned routes....Plus additional commissions for extra sales/routes added by you and bonuses ect..
    Home every night....

Approximately 45 hour work week
    Medical, Dental, 401K

Not arguing or defending them....:mrgreen: I just know what rumors can fire up.

joshpaige29 Thanks this.
  6. Yeti

Yeti Bobtail Member

Having said all that above:mrgreen:(Was not trying to answer my own post)...I was still wondering what truth there is?

Also, they informed me that "drivers must be DOT tested" and obviously pass...that is part of the training they stick you through...if you are not already.

7. Michigan

Michigan Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2006
    kcj8ve-Correct! Schwans is strictly a commission based wage and nothing more.

Yeti-I talked to human resources a couple years ago. He admitted their turnover was sky high. They work 12 hours a day 5 days a week and they work holidays (WITHOUT HOLIDAY PAY!!!), which is pathetic in my book. I seen schwan drivers on 4th of July, memorial day weekends and labor day weekends. They do not work sundays I know, they are a 6-day a week operation. They do have health bene's however. The Schwans distributing facilitity near me is CONSTANTLY looking for new drivers. Their ads advertise 30k-60k a year, but I wouldn't trust that. You would really have to be extremely full of B.S. salesman talk to make that kind of money selling frozen food. They're probably no better than some of these bad trucking companies but I believe there is much better for you out there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.