SE Regional companies?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by CalculatedRisk, Nov 12, 2022.

1. CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk Heavy Load Member

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    Which companies have south east regional as an option for recent grads? Also, if you require CPAP, and are prescribe one by your current doctor, will that do? Last, but not least, are APU’s a thing of the past? I’ve been out of the game for a long time. I’m hoping that once I reobtain my CDL, I can start making decisions, but I just want to do the nitty-gritty research before making a decision.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    As long as you can obtain a compliance report for your CPAP usage, you should be able to continue with your current machine.

APUs are not a thing of the past. But they may not be as common with starter companies doing SE Regional.

I've never done SE Regional, so I'm can't advise you on companies.

It may help to list where you live.

Chinatown tends to be the most helpful member for recommending companies.

4. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Most cpap/bipap machines can run on 12v current. You can find 12v power supplies for them from anywhere that sells supplies including Amazon

6. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
  7. CalculatedRisk

Jul 26, 2022
    Space Coast
    They are on my list. I’m gonna have to get in touch with them after the new year.

Numb Thanks this.
  8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @TacomaCatdaddy --

Schneider veteran here.

Now, I do hazmat tanker duty....hauling fuel in south GA and north FL.

Some things to consider/be aware of, as you start your CDL journey.....

You will be getting started, and looking for jobs, during a recession.

Obviously--no one knows at this point how bad things will get--or how long it will actually last.

Freight rates are plummeting....freight volumes are also dropping....and fuel prices are going ballistic.

A lot of job ads that I saw posted 6 months ago--are now gone.

Thus, as you begin looking for jobs--you will indeed be swimming against the current.

Your primary goal, during your first couple of years, is mainly to learn how to drive a big rig--and do it on a professional level.

This is most easily accomplished...if you go dry van.

Davis Transportation is mostly reefer duty. You can start there if you like, and they are indeed southeastern regional.

But reefer duty....straight out of the gate as a newbie....I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (been there, done that).

I would look for opportunities that are instead dry van....and mostly (or completely) drop and hook.

I would also look for carriers that will (still) likely have the freight volumes to keep you moving in a deep recession.

At least 2 drivers here on the Forum have had very good experiences with Swift Transportation.

Note also--that Knight & Swift are "sister" companies--and thus you could use the terminals/dropyards with either--if you were part of either.

For a beginning driver--this is a bigger advantage for you, than you might first think.

Swift has a terminal in Ocala. Knight has a terminal in Lakeland.

I suggest these 2 carriers because they each have incredible freight volumes--& they both do lots and lots and lots and lots (and lots) of dry van duty. :p

You'll need all that as a beginning driver in a recession.

The trucking world is of course a very large one. You can play the game any way you like.

You just need to go into it with your eyes wide open.

But those would be my recommendations, given the economic realities we now face.

Good luck, Driver. :salute:

--Lual

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  9. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Also saw your goals in another thread. Starting out as a newbie you will barely make enough to support a family much less save enough to buy a house. But several years down the road you might reach that goal. Just be patient and you’ll get there. If you work a regular job with lots of overtime you’ll make much more than an entry level trucking job babysitting a truck for weeks at a time before you see your family.

CalculatedRisk Thanks this.
  10. J2H

J2H Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Havre de Grace, MD
    Roehl also has SE Regional I believe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.