Seat air flow, or covers that facilitate air flow?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Munch75, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    I just passed my CDL test and will be headed into a truck soon. One thing I thought of while I was out with my trainer was air flow for the seat. I am spoiled on my motorcycle by a product called Sit&Fly. Is there any seat covers out there for truck drivers that are similar or can offer something similar? I tried to do a quick forum search but all wording combinations I used ended up in mechanics section dealing with blower motor locations and others.
    Being I left turning wrenches to become a driver I exited that section promptly.

austinmike and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    As I mentioned in another thread. Accessories should wait until AFTER you are done with the trainer and you have a truck and driven it for a month. The headache that I havee seen here all too frequently is some one like you (not you in particular) will get all sorts of toys for the truck. Get out on the road for a couple of weeks and find that the job really is more than they want. So they will try to return said truck to the company. If you dont clean out the truck. They will charge you double to detail it. Double because you left all the accessories no one wants to come with their truck.

So get what ever truck. After the trainer. And After you get the truck. Drive it for a month. Then see if you really want a seat cooler, or coffee maker, or tv, or microwave, or refridge, or what ever it is that makes you happy.

Go over to the for sale section of the board. Read the ads about people selling stuff. Inverters, Garmin and so on are common items

Your not the first to feel this way. For me it was a clipboard to hold BOLs and for paper logs. Tho I still have mine. As well as a Cobra LT29 CB no one wants. Tho I should point out I lasted 7 months

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    WildTiger1990, Munch75 and fairshake Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im sure theres something. Ive been looking. Nothing worse than tarping a load in summer then having to drive a couple hours with sweaty back. Seat ac would be great

5. Munch75

Aug 29, 2021
    Though I agree 100% of your PoV. I'm not looking gadgets and stuff. I have already been out with a trainer for a couple of weeks and that's what got me thinking about the seat cover. Swamp ### can be as much a thing in that saddle as with the motorcycle.

The other shopping for shiny things come much further down to road to see if they are even warranted or fit or whatever. Trust me I don't have a budget for shiny shopping.

So again. Was just asking about that one particular item.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Ya just need to break that saddle in friend and when ya get a saddle sore or two, slap a dollop of Monkey Butt Paste on ‘em.

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Half of those gadgets you try to buy are dead on arrival -- or they might last a month. Then you are tossing it.

8. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Frankly (!), I'm surprised we're allowed to say anything even remotely like "Monkey Butt Paste" in these forums.

9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Dude - shut up , delete this thread and go and design one.

I was driving today on leather seats and thinking about shopping high dollar underwear. Uncomfortable as heck. Exactly what @D.Tibbitt said.

10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    You best worry about earn'n you Stripes 1st before you worry about your newbie butt
    While your at it why don't you clutter up this forum with another thread asking about driving gloves too so your hands don't get chapped

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
    Diesel Dave and Frank Speak Thank this.
  11. Munch75

Aug 29, 2021
    Loving they keyboard cowboys in this forum. Their insecurity makes me think they are 13 year old refugees from reddit LOL.

belt363 and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.