Second-chance sand hauling companies?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Twigtrucker889, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Twigtrucker889

Twigtrucker889 Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2018
    i failed a pre employment test for a Meghan carrier. After I finish the SAP program what’s my likely hood of getting a job in the fields hailing sand 1 year exp atm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    You can look around. But it’s going to be hard.

I’ll point out something that I’ve not seen mentioned in any threads like this. SAP is really designed to benefit someone who self reports, then request help and assistance during their employment, from their employer. Not after they’ve been popped with a random or pre-hire.

Usually using their company insurance to pay for it. If they’re lucky, the company retains them afterwards. And may even provide them with a desk job during treatment.

That said, zero tolerance companies rarely retain anyone afterwards. Unless they have a non driving function they can slide into. Even then, you would need years at that company, with a solid work history to be considered.

In short, you would have to be a top 5% employee to be considered.

4. Twigtrucker889

Nov 18, 2018
    from what I’ve read SAP is required across the bored of a pre hire or random is failed an the employee is not able to preform”safety sensitive activities “ till its completion

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Well yeh. But we live in the real world. One that has insurance and lawyers dictating hiring and retention rules.

Just because you complete SAP. Doesn’t mean a company must hire you. That’s why you see “Zero Tolerance” rules.

Until the Fed erases that data from your record. Zero tolerance companies can’t be held responsible for refusing to hire you. But they can be held responsible for knowingly hiring a person with a known history of drug use.

Treatment or not. You’re now a huge liability.

I know one company who disqualifies all rear end collision and DUI applicants, for 15 years. Regardless of whether the incident happened in a truck or private vehicle.

No one can force a company to assume liabilities that they don’t want to.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  6. Twigtrucker889

Nov 18, 2018
    O I knew that ha... just that I can’t eve drive a CMV till this is all done then it will be companies that don’t report to dac or 1099. It sucks but it’s my fault... I. Was just hoping maybe someone knew a company that would give me a shot...

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which state do you live in? Let us know, then maybe someone can direct you to a 2nd chance company.
    Doubtful any oilfield company will hire you; they have enough problems with drivers tearing up trucks as it is.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    speedyk Thanks this.
  8. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Forget hauling sand. Find a non driving job. You'll have to stay clean but there are non-cdl jobs out there.

9. Twigtrucker889

Nov 18, 2018
    I live in fort smith Arkansas .pvtcowboy20@gmail.com email me if you wouldn’t mind

10. Old-school trucker

Old-school trucker Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Mississippi
    If you apply for the small outfits in west Texas you'll be able to get a job. I was out there during the last boom. As long as you got a cdl you will work

Twigtrucker889 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.