Second Chance trucking companies

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Where2gofromhere, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Where2gofromhere

Where2gofromhere Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    I have 3 preventable accidents in a 6 month period. I know I'm a good driver and 2 of these 3 accidents shouldn't have been considered preventable accidents but thats what's stuck on my DAC/PSP reports. I only have that 6 months of experience and was fired a month after my last accident. It's been 2 years now so I started looking for another trucking job. Everywhere I call they say 6 months with someone else will make them consider me. Question is where do I find that someone else? How do I find a small fleet or owner operator that needs a driver and whose insurance will cover me?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location?
    Never call first; always submit an online application & then call in a couple of days and say ,"I'm checking on my job application."
    Never snitch on yourself over something minor such as scratching the paint on a trailer, running over a bush or flower bed, knocking over a street sign. Majority of us have done that and didn't call the company and rat ourselves out.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    How can you assume you are a good driver when you have 3 preventables?

Maybe explaining them would help understand.

5. Where2gofromhere

Where2gofromhere Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2018
    I understand what your saying but for me I've always been honest and upfront. Sad part is right after my last driving job I found one that was willing to hire me(PTL). I listed the accidents on my application and they sent it to the safety Dept then called back a couple days later n offered me a job. I accepted and left the part time gig I had and went to KY for orientation where we all filled out a paper application as well. I was honest on that application as well especially since I already been approved by their safety dept. but to my surprise the pulled me from orientation halfway through the 2nd day and told me to basically go back home they weren't interested. Im nervous as it is since I live by myself and have a full time job right now. Before I quit my full-time job while the bills are still coming like clockwork I'd like to be sure I'm not gna get turned around again without my job to return to.

bentstrider83 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's some more 2nd chance companies. Again, do the online applications then follow up with a phone call in a day or two.
    Carolina Cargo
    Carolina Logistics - www.carolinalogistics.net
    TransAm
    USA Truck
    Western Express
    Flat Creek Transportation in Alabama - no online application but do have a contact short form email to use instead.
    Roadtex Transportation

istrum and Where2gofromhere Thank this.
  7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    If you have a job that pays the bills right now and you said it’s been 2 years since your last accident you are only 1 year away from pretty much a clean slate for %85 of trucking jobs. Most don’t want you to list them unless it’s been 3 years. The only thing is the experience part but having your CDL and something will get you in somewhere.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good points!
    Read the applications carefully and don't volunteer information that isn't asked for.
    Also, some 2nd chance companies bend their own hiring rules, just to hire a driver.

istrum and Radman Thank this.
  9. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I bet one of those 1099 Chicago Russian white Volvo outfits would take a chance bring you on.

Savor the Flavor Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's what Carolina Logistics is, but they're in North Carolina.
    Probably find one of those Russian outfits on Craigslist; it's worth a try.

istrum Thanks this.
  11. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    You could probably roll a truck during your road test and still get hired by Carolina Cargo or Trans Am.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.