Seeking DAC advise

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by 8-j, Jan 28, 2014.

1. 8-j

8-j Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm curious: what can you do to make bad DAC go away? I know you can contest, and file a rebuttal.

Are participating companies required to report your mistakes, or may they sometimes be willing to avoid it if you stay on for a while and have no further issues?

I'm just curious how DAC works.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    If you dispute something....everyone involved is given a window all throughout the process to where they are required to respond or forfeit their position.

i.e.- You file a dispute. HireRight notifies you when they inform the company of the dispute. Company has 10 days to respond to the dispute. If company misses the deadline....you automatically win, and the "infraction" is removed from your DAC, and a new copy of your DAC is sent to you reflecting said change.

CondoCruiser Thanks this.
  4. keeleyjen

keeleyjen Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2014
    West Jordan, Utah
    Companies have to provide proof on any disputed remarks by the drivers. I did alll the dac reports. New driver's and drivers that left the company. Its the companys choice what to put on a drivers dac report. DAC is not a requirment. It just helps companies see who there hiring. Id rather have the Psp report instead. Its more reliable . Must be careful though. As I said they must have proof if it is disputed. So if a driver leaves on bad terms such as abandoned load they are diffenantly going to report it.

5. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I'm not so sure that is always true.
    I fought Western Express (a company I never even worked for), because they said I drove for J-Mar Trucking (a company I never even worked for), and that I was fired (Yah? How? Since I never even worked for either of them).
    It was a LONG grueling battle.
    I drove for Smithway Motor Express, whom Western Express bought...and the problem was I would put SMX on my applications, and was being turned down for jobs because perspective employers though I was falsifying my application, because DAC said J-Mar Trucking (operating as Western Express). And they also put that I was terminated, and not eligible for re-hire.

The "not eligible for re-hire" did not bother me. But I needed it changed to SMX (because that's who I drove for), and that I ended my employment with them willingly (which I did...that included an 'Exit Interview' by the company).

HireRight and Western Express both agreed early in the battle that it is easy enough to change J-Mar to SMX....so that wasn't a huge issue apparently. But as far as the "Terminated" went...Western simply told HireRight that "That is what SMX told us"---and that was good enough for HireRight; until they realized I wasn't going away.

I fought tooth and nail until Western Express and HireRight got darn sick of me, and I won.

Here is the thread on my battle: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...on-about-everything/156174-hireright-dac.html

rookietrucker Thanks this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I agree with White Dog. I disputed both negative entries on my DAC. Both are now gone. The hardest one to fight was the one out on by a company I never actually worked for. It seems that would be the easiest to take care of but it's not. Fight any and all negative entries.

7. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Do you mean "False" entries? Or everything you don't like?
    Because if something is true (like a truck abandonment)---might as well not waste your time, because you will fight tooth and nail, and lose every time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.