Seeking help for Whistleblower

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Alongfortheride, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alongfortheride

Alongfortheride Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2021
    Muscatine Iowa
    My husband is a truck driver. He has filed a complaint with FMCSA AND OSHA and was fired when the company found out. They didn't pay him for his last week of driving along with many other times of not being paid. Now we are homeless and living on the river, totally broke and phone is being shut off today (no other means of communication) we keep hearing that he is protected from retaliation but how? Are there any groups that help financially until a settlement is reached ?

slow.rider and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Sorry that this happened, I would like, like others know why he filed a complaint but here is the thing, you shouldn’t tell us.

why?

because you need a lawyer, you need to have legal actions to take place if it is a legitimate complaint, and it is serious to get one.

you can contact your state bar association and they can guide you to a pro-Bono lawyer who can help you.

4. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I think what tends to happen with some shady companies is the company will withhold the driver’s last paycheck to cover the cost of “recovering” the truck. I’m not saying it’s right, but it happens all too often. Get a lawyer. Good luck!

NavigatorWife and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    you guys are quick to take sides. Thats a one sided story. IF they are homeless, thats their own doing for not having a padding. Everyone needs a buffer. You dont typically get fired and then live on the strreets off of rats and worms. But hey, need full story and both sides. Alot of people just seek to make money off of companies as which this seems in my gut opinion. This person is looking for "groups" to help pay their way. almost like the fraudulant gofundme site.
    Dont feed the animals people

God prefers Diesels and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Yeah why not go find another job right away???

God prefers Diesels and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  7. Alongfortheride

Apr 12, 2021
    Muscatine Iowa
    Wow! Animals huh? The story is this...we were buying property, a camper, and a truck to have as padding and couldn't afford the payments when WIT TRUCKING, LLC started not paying their drivers every week like they were supposed to. We had a sit down with the owner of the company, Irina Kleinsasser, she assured us they were going through some financial problems but if we stuck it out we would be compensated all backpay eventually. Six months go by and she decides start making him drive over HOS and threatens not only his job if he didn't but also the Op managers job too, then she started bullying and harassing him when stopped at DOT WEIGH STATIONS, cause she told him to go around them since the trucks registration was expired and the IFTA was expired....he finally said enough is enough and called the FMCSA AND OSHA. THE NEXT WEEK WAS FIRED AND UNPAID. WE only had enough to buy a used minivan and stay in a hotel for the past week. Now, are currently living in the van. The investigation is ongoing but the investigator told us he has dealt with this company before...our cell phone gets shut off today and we have $6.00 left to our name. If the investigator tries to reach us and can't, they automatically drop the case.
    Not everyone is out for a free payday, just whats earned and owed to them. This company owes my husband over $6000 in unpaid wages. Not to mention has ruined his reputation with their negligence.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Reason for edit: Spelling errors
  8. Alongfortheride

Apr 12, 2021
    Muscatine Iowa
    The violations received at the weigh stations that were the companies fault but go against his cdl so other companies are being hesitant. He starts a job tomorrow morning, but that doesn't help us immediately with finances.

9. Alongfortheride

Apr 12, 2021
    Muscatine Iowa
    We have an investigation going but that's not gonna help us today... just tired of paying for this companies mistakes.

10. Alongfortheride

Apr 12, 2021
    Muscatine Iowa
    This company is definitely shady but they owe him past wages too from multiple missing paydays (over $6000 in unpaid wages and reimbursements) when we were asked to help her and stick thru hardtimes, my husband kept driving for her, even spent the little money we did have on things for the truck and then they withheld reimbursements.

slow.rider, NavigatorWife and Kyle G. Thank this.
  11. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    Revert to your first post, you are a person seeking financial help. Red flags eceywhere. GTFO. I hope you guys learned from this and have better plannning in the future. i do feel bad for you but this is lifes lesson. Sometimes you learn the hard way and i hope the 2 of you are young so you can learn from mistakes. YOu are on a forum, remeber this, and in panick mode trying to find an out. Contact a lawyer if you were done wrong. But your first post suggest you were looking for a "group" to fund you. These easy outs and scams happen all the time and people get defrauded money. Nobody knows your character. Kinda fishy, that you live in a van but have time and money to be on cell phone to start a profile on web forum looking for financial support. buyer beware

Snailexpress and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.