Seems I have been lying on my applications...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by enc8207, Aug 5, 2020.

1. enc8207

enc8207 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I legitimately forgot I had a speeding ticket in North Carolina just over 4 years ago. Was on vacation and got the old "tourist ticket". 62 in a 55. I totally forgot about it. I paid it the next day before our vacation ended.
    I am set to graduate in 2 weeks. I have been telling every interview I have a spotless MVR.
    Any advice on how to proceed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I would advise to bring this up during your orientation interview. The person doing it most likely will have your MVR history anyway. It's not a job killer, just make sure to mention it when asked. It's not important enough to amend an application at this point. From today forward own it. pay close attention to the MVR history questions going forward.

4. enc8207

enc8207 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I just paid the OMV and got my record. 0's across the board. So maybe it dropped off after 3 years? That's assuming I am looking at the same thing the companies will see.

5. PATruckie

PATruckie Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    All depends on how the question on the application was worded. "Have you had any violations in the past ______ years?" Answer all questions honestly, but don't volunteer more information than asked for. If question was within the last 3 or 4 years, then you were truthful.

enc8207 Thanks this.
  6. enc8207

enc8207 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2020
    Yeah, I just don't recall what they asked. I do remember there were some "have you ever", "have you in the last 7 years", "have you in the last 5 years", etc. I honestly believed it to be "no" across the board, so recalling is difficult.

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Don't take that as gospel. As I said in my first post and was repeated in post 4. Look at that question and what they are asking.

On the subject of your DMV. Some states won't report an out of state citation back to the home state. I got a ticket in Gaston County NC the day Princess Dianna was killed in France. I never once seen that ticket on either my Georgia DMV or on my DAC record. Stay safe, answer the questions honestly, AS ASKED!

enc8207 Thanks this.
  8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    It won’t matter, they’ve already pulled your record by now, if it was there, they’d no doubt of asked you about it if it was going to be an issue.

enc8207 Thanks this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You were not lying, and it isn't important if it is recorded accurately. If I interviewed you, I would ask if it appeared but if it didn't, I would not care.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many small towns don't report tickets if you pay the fine. They just want the money.
    I got one in Wyoming from a state trooper. He was a nice guy. Told me where to pay the ticket and said if I went there right now, the ticket wouldn't be reported. I dropped the trailer at a truck stop and did what he suggested. My MVR stayed clean. I didn't rat myself out to the company either.

11. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I wouldn’t say a word about it.

enc8207 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.