Seems Like Miles are Getting Better

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by friggingenius, Mar 16, 2009.

1. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    That Anal Cyst that kept Rush out of the draft ever heal up? Or is that what all the Hillbilly heroine was for?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    And now back to the original question, yes my miles are getting better. Don't know whether it is due to the economy tho or if I have proved myself to my company. Have gone from getting an average of 1500 to 1800 a week, to 2500 to 2700 a week. This last 2 weeks out, 3150 a week. Would love to get that much from now on.
    Was supposed to have come off hometime yesterday but all the meat plants in KS are closed right now due to the storm. Need to get on the road soon tho cause my sister-in-law is one fine cook and pretty soon will be to fat to get thru the truck door. lol

4. Darkschneidr

Darkschneidr Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    While I would like to say that miles have gotten better, for me they weren't.

Sooooo... I picked up a team driver and got on a dedicated reefer fleet. 7000 miles a week now. :yes2557:

5. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    You, obviously, do not know the meaning of "ditto head." Keep listening.

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Well, this is way off topic of this thread, but I just can't let this one pass by:

Well now. First off, you have no idea about how much I have or have not listened to Limbaugh. FYI, I have listened to him off and on since 1991. While I was OTR I caught him just about every day.

The fact that you put up on line, your definition of dittohead:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dittohead
    And the fact that others have also defined it on that same website:
    And more:
    Does not change the fact that Webster states at:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Dittohead
    But at:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ditto, defines “ditto” thus,
    and
    and
    And, at:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/head, defines head, thus:
    etc.
    Indicates, at least to me, that a “dittohead” is someone who believes that everything that Limbaugh says is correct. Is the Gospel, and is never wrong.

I have on many occasions agreed with what he says. But I also have often disagreed with his stance on things.

I don’t like the man. I don’t like his ego, his sarcasm, (you know that one smartaleck just can’t stand another smartaleck,) and his statements that “I am the only news you need to know about. Ignore the mainstream media, you can find everything you need to know right here, from me.

Well, I sort of like to hear different points of view. And I like to think for myself. I don’t like being told what to think. It’s as simple as that.

7. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Unfortunately many out there don't get the joke.

Rush's so called egotism and pompous behavior is all a show, done tongue in cheek. He has fun and pushes the buttons of those who get their panties in a wad.

Those of us who get the joke are all laughing at you all who don't get the joke. We find it amusing to see so many people get worked up in a lather cause you can't relax and see the humor in everyday life.

If you don't like Rush's entertainment style than turn the radio dial. Rush listeners tend to be a little more laid back and can laugh at humor and don't dictate how we feel about stuff just because someone else gets worked up about it.

I always do my thinking independently. I will listen to opposing viewpoints but in the end I draw my own conclusions.

One of the tenants of conservatism is independence and choosing your course in life and either succeeding or failing based upon your plans, risks taken and hard work.... without government intervention and obstruction.

When Rush says "I am the only news source you'll ever need, I not only tell you what happens, I tell you what to think about it" it is a joke and a jab at the liberal media that basically editorializes its news rather than just reporting it.

I'm sorry you all don't get it. A joke really isn't as funny when you have to explain it to those who didn't understand it the first 300 times they heard it.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Or just maybe we DO get it, but don't care for it. And I do use my option to change stations, or turn the radio off. I'm certainly not saying he should be thrown off the air. I'm just saying I don't care to listen to him, so I don't. And yes, I have heard him enough to make an informed decision about listening to him.

It cracks me up to hear his supporters all clamoring that if you don't like him, you should continue to listen to him until you do like him. That is sort of like saying you should hit your head with a baseball bat. If it does not feel good, then you should continue hitting yourself in the head with it until it DOES feel good. Makes no sense to me, but whatever pops your cork is just fine. . .

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  9. simpleinterest

simpleinterest Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Spartanburg, SC
    I get it, and I like your sense of humor as well. Boy O boy, lot of work in that "funny" but thanks for the chuckle. Much appreciated my man!:biggrin_25525:

10. BlueHawk

BlueHawk Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Dearborn Hts, MI
    Here's a cartoon from '34. Could've as easily been written today...

Attached Files:

wmterry89 and Baack Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted