Semi T-bones junior hockey team. 14 dead.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by uncleal13, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    We've all been guilty of inattentiveness at one time or another.
    I think that the experience is what somehow guides you to not take calculated risk at a inopportune moment.
    Have you ever had a "that was close" moment?
    I see drivers of all kinds taking risks every day.
    Sometimes the most significant decisions we make daily pass by undetected till we think back.

rank, allniter, Bud A. and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    maybe so...like only one newspaper daily, all in french, and maybe a tv with only 2 channels, a religious one for catholics, and a french cooking show...where they constantly repeat making crepes...

4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Nop
    nope had he killed 16 cat or dogs I’d suspect he’d get more time

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    A decision to lay dangerous driving charges against the trucker who allegedly caused the Humboldt Broncos bus crash didn’t come as a surprise to some watching the case.

“It was either that or criminal negligence causing death, and I think they went with the charge that has more robust elements to it,” said veteran Regina lawyer Bob Hrycan. “Negligence is sort of a slippery concept, whereas dangerous driving has more traction to it, and I think they likely went with dangerous driving because presumably they have some facts underlying the charge.”

One possibility some had wondered about in the past was a Traffic Safety Act ticket for driving without due care and attention. While Hrycan said tickets in fatal collisions involving stop signs do happen, he’s seen criminal charges as well.

“Where you have a major intersection with a stop sign that apparently was assisted by a flashing red sign that sort of drew attention to it — when you have that sort of configuration at an intersection — yeah, dangerous driving charges are very much in play,” he said.
    Lawyer, crash expert not surprised by charges in Broncos case

Dennixx and uncleal13 Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    The stand of trees excuse is complete #########. Looking at that aerial photo of the crash site those trees look like they sit far enough back to not obstruct visibility. I did find a video someone took driving up to the stop sign the truck driver ran through and I didn't think the visibility was obstructed any worse than any other intersection I've come to on the prairies.

rank and Bud A. Thank this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I am still convinced it will come out that the truck went through the intersection at a high speed, I'm guessing 80 kmh+
    And the bus may have slowed from perhaps 110 and impacted at a high speed still maybe 90?

Wonder if they will tell us all the details when it is all said and done.

rank and Bud A. Thank this.
  8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Punish the driver, but if he a human being at all he will go through a living hell for the rest of his life.
    What I am more concerned about is the regulatory complacency that allows totally unfit carriers to start a trucking business, and hire totally unfit drivers, all for what, to save $.25 per bale of peat moss this fellow was carrying?
    This race to the bottom that deregulation has brought upon the US and Canadian trucking industries has it's serious downsides, and no one seems to care. This is not the only accident in Canada or the US where someone was hurt or killed by poorly trained drivers hired by carriers pushed to the monetary limit.

rank, Bud A., uncleal13 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Sometimes the accident is the cargo these little broke-### carriers decide to haul.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.