Semi Truck Fuel Theft Devices

Discussion in 'Truckers Forum Sponsors - Supporters Forum' started by Global Trucker, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Global Trucker

Global Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Murray, KY
    Lock On Guard specializes in providing a guard that covers your (OEM) factory fuel cap. With this lock, your fuel tank will protect your fuel from being stolen and your fuel from being contaminated by foreign materials. The inventor of this device personally had his diesel fuel stolen out of his truck 3 times in one month. This caused him to invent the Lock On Guard, which prevents fuel theft and fuel contamination for truck drivers and fleet companies. This product is made by truck drivers, for truck drivers, so take a look at the Lock On Guard and see how you can protect your fuel. Get yours today at Global Trucker.

[​IMG]

• Comes with a set of 2 for each gas tank
    • 4 keys are included
    • Made in polished aluminum
    • Does not fit doorstep fuel tank models
    Is the Guard for You?

It happens in minutes. Fuel theft. Whether you're in the store for a snack or sleeping in the cab, it happens to everyone. Does it happen to you?
    The Lock On Guard was created not by a company, but by a truck driver, who lost 200 gallons in 20 minutes, just by going to get his paperwork.
    From lack of sleep and worrying about someone stealing my fuel, I started researching what I could purchase to protect my fuel, and found that there was nothing dependable out there. So, I built my own device. By other truckers asking me where I got them, this is how the Guard was put on the market. I knew other truckers wanted to be protected.

Guard Your Fuel
    As you know, fuel prices are up around $2.50 a gallon, and I don't really believe fuel prices are ever going down. To fuel a 300-gallon truck is around a $900 investment, and it can easily be taken away from you in 20 minutes or less. Would you honestly leave $900 on the doorstep and hope no one would pick it up in the middle of the night? This is what you do every time you leave your truck unguarded. Without some kind of fuel protection device, your fuel will be stolen.

Guard Your Tank
    When I first created the Lock On Guard, I knew nothing of syrup in your tank, antifreeze, mothballs, or any of the other things that will destroy your engine. These can cost you between $10,000 and $15,000, and it is happening more than you think. Just at the Louisville Truck Show, we had hundreds of people come up and tell us what had been put in their tanks. But, there is a solution. The Lock On Guard does work, and I trust my product so much that I have a pair on my truck at all times. Remember, these were made by truck drivers for truck drivers, and I don't think any other company can offer you that.

[SIZE=+0]Guard Your Cap[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]The fuel cap is one item that is taken for granted. For example, a regular OEM Peterbilt fuel cap will cost in the neighborhood of $80 to $100. Ask yourself, how hard is it to remove that cap? They get stolen everyday. The standard Freightliner, Volvo, Kenworth, and other brands run between $40 and $100 for an OEM cap. Here again is another example of something unguarded that any thief could steal from you. This is another perfect example of how Lock On Guard can protect you.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]​

Guard Your Wallet
    With the use of the Lock On Guard, you can assure yourself that your fuel cap will probably be there in the morning, that you won't have to put more fuel in your truck in the morning, and that someone won't put a foreign substance in your tank to put you out of business. We live in a cruel world, and make no mistake, a fuel thief won't skip your truck just because you're a nice person.

Truckers Locking Fuel Caps

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WiseOne

WiseOne Inactive contact bullhaulerswife

Feb 8, 2004
    Truckers Report, TN
    A very popular item these days!

4. TLGken

TLGken Light Load Member

May 18, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    With the high cost of fuel now ($4.79USD/gallon), it makes sense to secure the investment that drivers put in the tanks. I work for corporate America, and they are buying locking fuel caps now.

5. pcfreak

pcfreak Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    I'll be putting in anti siphon devices in my tanks with locking fuel caps for double protection.

Imagine the guy's reaction.

"Got the cap off, now..........You've gotta be kidding me!!!!!!"

keepntruckin Thanks this.
  6. BooBooMaker

BooBooMaker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Benson, NC
    Even better if you could be there to "see his face".

7. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    LOLOL That would be funny.. before you know it he looks up and your standig over him with a tire iron :) :) :)

8. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    What I find completely amusing about all these devices is I can steal all the fuel from your truck and it doesn't matter if you weld the cap on. All I need is a bucket, wrench and a hose. Take the plug out of the bottom, slide the bucket under and pump away. Not that I'd steal fuel but if there's a will there's a way. People started putting locking caps on their pickups so people just drilled holes in the plastic tanks. Personally I'd rather find my fuel gone than my fuel gone and need a new tank.

Travelinman Thanks this.
  9. Ken

Ken Couch Commander

Oct 29, 2006
    Had a buddy of mine leave one of his water trucks on a job site. They just drilled a hole in the tank.. So not only did he pay close to $100 for a locking cap, he had to replace his tank to boot..

Luckily I can park inside most nights..

10. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Gimmicks never replace reality
    As said,If there is a Will theres a Way.

Hard to get fuel from a "Rolling Truck"
    When parking unattended for extended periods fuel reserves "should" be kept to a minimum.

Fuel Thieves as with any "thief" are opportunist,low fuel tanks are not worth messing with.

Got to be smarter then what your working with people.

:biggrin_2554:

Travelinman Thanks this.
  11. bdexpedited

bdexpedited Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Royal Palm Beach, FL
    I had someone unscrew the cap where the fuel lines go into the tank. Locking fuel cap and anti-siphon device did not help at all.

2nd time (different truck) they just used a pipe and hammer to break through the anti-siphon screen. Caught them just as they were finishing up. I spent a night in jail over that one. :biggrin_25511: Cops said I should have just called them to handle it, yeah right.

Travelinman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.