semi truck registration/2 state opperation

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Ezrider_48501, Jun 1, 2012.

1. octavio707

octavio707 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2014
    ok, so I just bought a truck its been 4 years since ive drove in the united states. I have my dot, my ca, and my mc numbers.... but all have expired with in that 4 years of not operating in the u.s..... now I know I have to reinstate them all and pay the fee for that. I also need, apportion plates for California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada , Idaho , Utah ..... I also need ifta, pay the ucr fee, the boc-3 fee... the bic fee... and registration...and insurance. I do all the paper work my self which is fine and I have done it before but i'm confused on where to start! how long does it take for them to give you all this stuff to operate? I know I can pay 50.00 to expidite the time frame but im not sure if it will go any faster I need to be running with in 3 weeks. help plz

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trindig1001

trindig1001 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Hello, I have a similar situation to this old question. My business is based in Oregon but we also do business in Idaho. I am wondering if it is possible to register in both states because in Oregon I can register as exempt for $8 (drilling rig) and in Idaho I would have to pay full fee. I register with IRP/IFTA this year because I had another truck so I registered them both. I recently got rid of the other truck and only have the drill rig now. They want to charge me $1200 to renew. This includes $744 in foreign fees. I don't travel to any of the states that they consider "foreign". Why do I have to pay this? Do I get a refund next year if I didn't travel to those states? Or do they just keep that money?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.