Seperating the military and going back to trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Scrappy, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana

But with Roel's, he will not get home every other night... and make that much.....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scrappy

Scrappy Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Little Rock, AR
    Hell I dont have to be home every other night. That would just be nice. I could deal with weekends. Hell I've gotten used to being in Iraq off and on for the past 6 yrs. And kd5drx I dont even want to hear about your pains. i know what you guys make over here in Iraq compared to us. Just kidden, thanks for what you do. Also thanks for all the advice guys.

Scrappy

4. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Missed the part about home every night. Roehl's apprentice program for veterans lets you use your GI Bill benefits to supplement your income over a two year period. Roehl will pay you a salary over those two years as part of the program. But it's all regional or OTR work. I don't think you can do their hometime program with this either.

If you want to be home, look for a union LTL job, but be ready to work the docks first and I doubt you'd be paid in the 40K range to start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.