Seward motor freight ! stay away ! Mega carrier

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Joey eyeglasses, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Joey eyeglasses

Joey eyeglasses Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2018
    Seward motor freight we have all seen their purple Volvo’s and peterbuilts. They had a driver that died and they refused to pay for his funeral or send his body home that should of been my first clue don’t work there but no I thought ok there’s 2 sides to every story . I worked for them only because I lived in Omaha they have toward facing cameras while your driving e logs and all of their freight is from loziers and it’s their highest paying freight they have so it’s all round trip runs however if loziers needs a load to go from Omaha to Kc mo 185 miles and you pick it up on a Friday that’s your weekend load not to mention no layover pay and no short haul pay due to the fact that it’s a live unload but not a live load they screw drivers now they offer bonuses safety fuel and productivity ( miles) but to get the safety bonus you have to hit 35,000 miles in a quarter otherwise your not getting any bonuses I avg 600$ to 800$ a week which is awfull for Otr I can make more local and if and when you quit they keep your last check and ruin your dac report when you quit they said I had a scratch on their truck that was already there charged me 700$ to clean the truck then put on my dac excessive complaints but they were begging me to stay even offered me more money do not work here

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Why would you think they should pay for the driver’s funeral?

Send the body home? That’s probably because they pull dry vans. Now, if they were a reefer outfit, they’d have probably taken care of that.

4. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Since when is it a trucking company’s obligation to send the body home and pay for the funeral? The amount of stupid in that post is mind boggling. Drivers die all the time in their trucks, it happens. But it’s not a company’s responsibility to handle that. Depending on the cause of death will determine who removes the body from the cab. Either a funeral home will do it or a coroner. Any next of kin is notified and they arrange the transportation of the body and burial arrangements. C’mon man. Are trucking companies in the funeral business too now? You got on your eyeglasses but you’re still not seeing things clearly

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    x1Heavy, Frank Speak, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  5. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I only expected us mere mortals to be commenting on this thread. :angel8:

Smut, mjd4277, Lonesome and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Joey eyeglasses

Nov 8, 2018
    That driver worked for them he died all they cared about was the freight seward is an awfull company

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  7. Joey eyeglasses

Nov 8, 2018
    did yiu not read tge post the dead trucker didnt stop me from working there but seward or should i say sewer has way more problems than that

8. Joey eyeglasses

Nov 8, 2018
    So the fact tgat they suck and
    Rumor has it he killed himself after seeing his weekly settlement seward sucks

diesel drinker Thanks this.
  9. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Think joeyeyeglasses is a troll..hes on utube making stupid comments also. Dont think he has a life. Lives in his mommas basement!?

Lonesome Thanks this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Tenneco automotive used to have plants in Seward and cozad nebr .
    About 10 years ago those plants closed and moved to Mexico and they were SMFs bread and butter ...they have struggled every since .
    Lozier used to be good freight that paid excellent detension time every time but now it's all brokered thru ch Robinson so it's nothing to write home about .
    Another freight loss that kicked sewards arse was the closure of qubecore in Lincoln which moved to chicago .
    Having Werner in they're backyard doesent help either .
    They good days of dry van work around Omaha died quite a while ago with Werner , FCC and Crete scooping up what's left .
    So OP if you live in Omaha and are a real truck driver who wants miles and home time call Wn Morehouse .

11. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I disagree. If a OTR company requires you to be in the care of their equipment & dictates what you can or can't do on the road during your off time. Then they should also be responsible to pay any cost associated with getting you back to the city you left from dead or alive.
    When I started driving you could do what you wanted on your time off as long as you did your job. But now days a company driver is on the job from the time he gets into the truck till he gets back.
    They should pay to get that driver home & I don't think anyone expects them to pay for the funeral .

12 ga Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.