Sexist and rascist

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Clara3, Oct 20, 2019.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    If a driver had a clean history and gets a complaint call, it does tend to be poo poo'd.

If a pattern develops, then it is more likely to be dealt with.

People like Harvey Winstein got away with the stuff they did for so long in part because people didn't report it. If we just keep taking crud because we don't think anything will change then we will be eating poop our entire lives.

Just passing by, Clara3 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Not specifically aimed at you, but in general for all the "park it properly" posts - that drop lot is a flaming PITA.

Its the far back corner of an old operating center. The ground isn't level; the asphalt is cracked, crumbling, or nonexistent; the spots are laid out for 48 foot trailers; the fence put in cuts accross the back of one of the rows making it even tighter.

If I have been sitting waiting for the load to come in I generally don't want to wait for them to back it in - especially if there are tractors hooked to trailers. I also would prefer the trailer being on stable, level ground so the other driver isn't tempted to crank the landing gear to full extension just to be able to get out from underneath.

Should she have pulled up enough to clear other trucks? Sure, but I wouldn't get bent out of shape if I needed to ask her to pull up.

If she blocks him in he has a right to say something. If his "could you please pull up" gets him no where he can be more assertive. Cussing or being abusive is not called for.

4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I'm confused.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Thanks roger for shining some extra light on the specific circumstances at that particular yard.

6. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Oh i agree!! It's the sneaky repercussion I'm afraid of...

7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Tim, I ain’t even gonna try after my AM/PM dyslexic episode. :)

tinytim Thanks this.
  8. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Yes, yes I'm never doing THAT again!! I do wish i would've recorded it. At least audio...

MysticHZ and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I re-read your post.

Personally, I get irritated if a driver blocks my mobility in any situation without asking. Good lesson.

You did have one option - ignore him. You chose to approach him to get his truck number.

Ignoring him takes strength. It’s turning the other cheek. Men are often killed for failing to discern which battle to pick.

Not saying what you should have done, just pointing out options.

Lite bug, tinytim and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  10. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I understand, but it's downright unprofessional to call a female co-worker the b-word to her face and also called another co-worker driver the n-word. You might think that your old way of thinking is and SHOULD be ok, but i should also have the right to not be yelled at and discriminated against because I'm a female who is also a truck driver. Imagine people giving you #### and trying to tear you down almost daily because you're a man. Would that be cool? How did you feel when you were bullied as a child? And don't tell me you weren't because you wouldn't be an adult bully if you weren't miserable and bullied as a kid. That same warped mentality you still have is thrown at me constantly for being a female driver! Should i be at home cooking?!
    ...And that other poor, sweet black kid didn't deserve to be called the n-word either. If that type of behavior is ok with you then I hope it dies with you as well. I hope you didn't teach that kind of closed-minded hate to your kids and grandkids.

11. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    thank you i needed that

LoSt_AgAiN Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.