Sexist and rascist

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Clara3, Oct 20, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I keep a small box of things that can either slow things down or speed things up with crazy things like that in trucking.

I remember one particular distribution center for a Kmart in the NE I don't know or recall for sure where but have a good idea which one. Anyway there was this ramrod foreman or dockboss who obviously has lost his last nerve with the first four loads arriving into that chaotic facility. He roars at me and my container, Here, there I don't give adamn where and shove your (*&^ paperwork too. (In the tone of the wicked witch and toto in the Oz movie...)

And here I was having a actual good day. I got black tempered shook it off had a smoke evaluating the horrible facility and it's trailer line from hell.

Found a corner allowed the box to come off the 5th wheel by gravity. It had a drop. Long or short I don't know and didnt care. The main thing it was dropped here. Im happy it left the 5th wheel when those two rockers were thrown in the cab... (5th wheel release and 5th wheel unlock) Since there was gravity already pulling on it it wanted off my frame already.

What bothers me is it had some good house hold items in it. I wonder if it's still in that hole to this day. And the papers? The whole mess was turned into the company who acted as if they saw the mess every day. Never heard a word of it since.

That qualifies as a drop. A literal drop.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    @Clara3 that incident violated federal employment law. If you had a video you wouldn't have to drve any more. Let HR be aware that you know that.

Search for EEO if you want more info. On a big railroad property that racist would be gone right now and would never return. I used to teach an EEO class for a large company.

Put up another post with where you live and what kind of work you like and we'll help you find something better.

4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I'm reminded of a quote...

"Freedom of speech protects you from the Government, but it doesn't protect you from a good old country ### whupping." - Trace Adkins

But yea...turn the other cheek. Far cheaper then bail. ;)

Shame folks still have to put up with ignorant ######## like this.

I'm reminded of another quote..

You can't fix stupid.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

MACK E-6, bryan21384, 91B20H8 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Absolutely. A video of poobah pointing to his million mile decal would have been very rich. I probably have twice that on him but you aint going to see me with that stuff.

It is violated federal laws of this kind so document everything and get it reported.

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Well you already got plenty of replies but I also say report his ###. Who cares if he is a million miler. .he should know better. I think some of these truckers lose their social skills out here on the road. There are a certain segment that are total ########. Schneider needs to know about this guy..report him!

7. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    if it weren't for poor social skills, the driver shortage would be real

8. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Report it. Who is to say verbal abuse wouldn't have escalated to physical had there not been a third person present?
    In this day and age, that kind of hatred is not to be ignored.

9. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Report him...It is a violation of fed law and any driver who cannot control himself any better than that does not need to be behind the wheel of an 80000 pd rig barreling down the highway.

Sirscrapntruckalot and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. Gamgee

Gamgee Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    @Clara3 Sounds like you were being discriminated from the get go by the first employee for that company,

Why couldn't THAT employee wait for you to back it onto a pad and designated parking space?

Sounds like he was suggesting that it would be too long a wait for him. But ya gotta ask yourself why. - Just by looking at ya? Would he be this impatient with a man? I think not.

I don't think it was professional of this employee - impatient, "there waiting" or not, to ask you to just, "drop it where you were."

He set you up for the million mile coworker to be angry with you in the first place.

Things have to be professionally and correctly done.

I am just a new student driver - haven't even started classes yet but, I am also a woman, and this is red flagging me from the get go.

What would I do in such a situation?

I think now, after reading your post that, I would politely tell the first impatient coworker to please wait while I backed it in and onto a designated pad and - parking space.

I don't know @Clara3 . I also might have done what you did. - cave in to the first coworker's impatience and pressure to just drop my load. But just look at how that sounds? "just drop the load there." It even sounds bad. Makes you look bad. Your responsibilities to the load being dropped off in a professional manner dictated by the books were out there.

I don't know. Maybe some of the other long timers - men and women here can correct me if I am wrong.(Cause I would sincerely like to know.)

What would they do in such a situation?

Is it common to be asked to - "just drop the load right there?' - "I'll take it from here."

And would they do it?
    Or
    Would they say, "No sorry Joe", "I gotta back it in and on to a pad proper." - "Won't take much more of your time."

~ Gamgee getting more and more fearful of the journey that lies ahead.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.