Shaffer or superior carriers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 1212mel, Feb 26, 2017.

1. 1212mel

1212mel Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Greensboro,nc
    Just signed on to Shaffer then a week later I end up getting a call from superior carriers for an interview for the high point nc terminal have anyone worked out that terminal lookin for some info on the pay and how things work with this company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Shaffer pay very well.. Superior also pay very well. But with tanker the loads are less miles loaded in some areas so if the pay .45 loaded and .40 empty well you get my drift. Now you can get Detention,pump,and washout pay. Now Shaffer pay detention and more per mile.They also maintain the newest trucks and offer great benefits but hometime is the only drawback where I live in Houston. I would go tanker simply because it's more skill and if it's your first tanker job it can really benefit you. Be Safe and Good Luck!!!!

4. 1212mel

Jul 20, 2014
    Greensboro,nc
    Thx I drove for quality carriers for 6 months I really enjoyed the tanker life but the money I was making with them was horrible

5. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    I have Quality on my 'finals' list, along with about 4 other outfits. What are the regional runs like with
    Quality? How about the dedicated routes? Are they like some of the smaller tanker companies, where you go unload and then return back to the terminal, or are they like Schneider, where you go unload and then go to a washout for a switchout or wash, and then reload nearby? I'm looking for dedicated or regional, semi-dedicated out of the Houston area.

6. 1212mel

Jul 20, 2014
    Greensboro,nc
    Yea they all seem to run the same way Houston is a good area for chemical work but I would be careful with quality carries all terminals are different and they dont seem to work with each other they are a franchise company

7. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    @Ruckie

8. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Quality is good overall i actually enjoy working there because I have a good terminal manager and dispatch knows how I like to run but they do have a lot of speeding restrictions the biggest drawback is that is not centralized dispatch. Every terminal is on their own and unless you have a good over the road dispatcher you might get the scraps.... hint hint Joliet terminal

9. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Well, Joliet IS near Chicago. If I had to run out of that terminal, I'd move somewhere so I wouldn't be based out of there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.