Share Your Opinions by Taking a Survey!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by IHeartTruckers, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHeartTruckers

IHeartTruckers Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Hey Driver!

Researchers from Indiana State University are recruiting truck drivers to participate in a study on trucker eating habits titled Predictors of Intentions to Eat Healthier among Midwestern Truck Drivers- An Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior.

For this study, you will take a short (about 10 minutes) online survey asking some questions about how you decide what to eat while you are on the road.

After completing this survey, if you enter your mailing address (you will not be forced to give us your personal information), you will be mailed a participation reward: a small gift card to Pilot/Flying J.

Click here to take survey: https://indstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cPa2doyep61uk6x

We want to get as many responses as we can so that we get a representative sample of how Midwestern truckers make eating decisions while they're on the road (thank statistics for that).

Eligibility:

· 18 years old or older

· Drives a commercial truck as primary employment

· Operate mostly in the Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin).

If you have any questions or concerns about this research, please contact:

Principal Investigator: Adrienne McCarthy, amccarthy2@sycamores.indstate.edu

Faculty Sponsor: Dr. Wan-Ju Yen, Wan-Ju.Yen@indstate.edu

Participants will not be put at emotional or physical risk as a result of participating in this study. Participation is entirely voluntary.

RIGHTS OF RESEARCH SUBJECTS

If you have any questions about your rights as a research subject, you may contact the Indiana State University Institutional Review Board (IRB) by mail at Indiana State University, Office of Sponsored Programs, Terre Haute, IN 47809, by phone at (812) 237-8217, or e-mail the IRB at irb@indstate.edu. You will be given the opportunity to discuss any questions about your rights as a research subject with a member of the IRB. The IRB is an independent committee composed of members of the University community, as well as lay members of the community not connected with ISU. The IRB has reviewed and approved this study.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    P/FJ gift card is the last thing I'd want...certainly not worth giving out my address.

strollinruss, TripleSix and bzinger Thank this.
  4. IHeartTruckers

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    You don't have to give us your address. We would still like to get your opinion!

5. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Common sense. Eating healthy is easier if the options are available. Choosing those options happens with greater frequency as the taste and price improves. In an industry where the 14 hour clock can't be stopped, ability to eat "on the go" is a plus.

Subway is useless at a truck stop. Too difficult to eat on the go, and if you're shut down for the night you want a meal not a sandwich. Yet that's what P/FJ and others have chosen to stuff into most truck stops.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Truck drivers don't do surveys. 84% of all drivers surveyed said so.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Truckers who run the western states and the eastern seaboard all have the same eating issue as the drivers running and living in the Midwest

I run all 48 so I'm not going to bother considering the survey since I'm not eligible.

IHeartTruckers Thanks this.
  8. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I took the survey, it's all multiple choice.

I try to stay healthy by not overeating. If I do get a hamburger, I just take a couple bites and throw the rest away. It satisfies my craving for that sort of food, which is not often. Same thing for alcohol.

Grocery store bought fruits and veggies, organic if possible, rotisserrie chicken or high quality roast beef to be mixed with Tasty Bite Indian And Asian vegetable pouches that I get at Whole Foods market or other health food store.

Then I go heavy with anti oxidant rich cancer preventing supplements from the Life Extension Foundation, plus their new private reserve olive oil, which is so potent and zesty that it stings the throat if not swallowed just right. I try to take a heart health walk 3 to 4 times a week, one baby aspirin per day. Always check the sugar content on anything I eat.

Walmart: organic spinach, broccoli, kombucha tea instead of soda, bananas, rasberries,bluberries, strawberries, lots of great new protein powders near the pharmacy section, unsweetened Almond Milk, Giaradelli low sugar 86-90% cocoa bars, 5g sugar per serving, great for heart health and concentration.

Favorite meal in a shakes: Plant Fusion Phood, Brendan Brazier's Vega One, Infowars Life Cave Man.

Always on the lookout for grocery markets with truck parking nearby. Also have a UPS store box so I can get supplements mailed to me, overnight if necessary.

Hard part: sometimes my schedule forces me to eat right before bed. Ugh.

118/78. You know what I'm talkin bout.

I.........AM.........COMMITTED!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    15084522394831471626934.jpg
    A partial glimpse of my supplement arsenal.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    baha, G13Tomcat and IHeartTruckers Thank this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
  11. IHeartTruckers

Sep 29, 2017
    Terre Haute, Indiana

I sure hope you're in the other 16%! You got opinions, we want to hear them!

201 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.