....She gets an attagurl !!....

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by 2mega, Aug 10, 2007.

1. 2mega

2mega Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2007
    This post from Cybergirl's Canadian Trucking Thread is worthy of it's own thread, with the mods permission.

Bold letters are mine.

cliochannel [​IMG] vbmenu_register("postmenu_216693", true);
    Bobtail Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Grrr!
    I get so angry when I read our BC headlines about truckers shortages and how we should encourage young folks to take up the trucking trade. I tell my son, who has his class 1 (still making my idiot husband suffer for that stunt!), not to go into the trade. I tell all his friends to run screaming if anyone tries to encourage them to go into the trade! As a school teacher, I want my school district's career preparation staff to tell the honest truth about this industry, not the fantasy garbage the newspapers and media are spilling out trying to find young suckers to take it up. I encouraged a friend to make and sell T-shirts that say "Let The Cheap Freight Rot!" Until freight companies treat drivers ethically, and well, with decent rates, no young person should go into this industry! Until shippers and dispatchers stop treating truckers like vermin, no young person should become a trucker! I think this site does a tremendous service when truckers can post the companies that one should avoid. And if Paul Landry and his bunch keep on trying to encourage folks to become truckers here in BC, the wives and mothers of BC truckers who get treated like dirt should march on the BC Truckers Association and picket the darn place or kick Landry's can to hell and back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I think I know this person from somewhere else! She VERY intelligent and has a WONDERFUL gift with words! Truthfully, I second her opinion! Most especially here in CA! The CHP and DOT are more of a PITA here than in any other state I have been in! The wages are worse than in any other state, and the Judicial system here is harder on the commercial driver than it is anywhere else! If my son were to tell he was going into trucking here, I'd scream!

Bonnie

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.