She wuz faithful...wuz...

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Castorized, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Castorized

Castorized Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2020
    Need help
    Started up on idle the other day while grabbin 30 z's over the wheel.
    Sounds like the EGR valve opens (or closes) right up and the engine stalls right out.. no code, no cel, nothin. Just that change in sound (you know what I mean) Dies out (throttle doesn't stop it) but she fires right back up.
    2015 ISX 15 550 cm2350. Up to today, has happened sitting with foot on brake at train tracks, loading and needing air to check bags, twice fuelling and earlier, at a red light. Boss's mentailjty(?) no code, no problem. Mind you this is at a low idle, I set for 800 when city with empty decks or sitting a bit. I High idle up to 1300 when goin to bed if cold, hasn't done it yet this way.. Ideas anyone?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Orange

Big Orange Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Chase the fuel if no codes. Change the fuel filters, inspect fuel feed line, clean battery terminals and tighten them. See if the wires at the starter are tight. If all that checks out then it would be nice to have it plugged into diagnostic software when it dies. But, check the simple stuff first. Good luck to you- hopefully it’s simple!

xsetra Thanks this.
  4. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2020
    What he said ^^^^^^.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.