Shippers and receivers need reform

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Loudstacks, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Loudstacks

Loudstacks Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    S+R need to change their ways...

If you operate after midnight and load or unload at those times, they need to respect truckers his and safety and provide the option of overnight parking at their facilities and I don't want to hear about pre-planning because many of us do it and you still sometimes needs to drive out your clock to get there and more importantly at those late off hours finding parking is difficult and a gamble

Second, if truckers can meet appointment times so should s+r since we primarily get paid for miles driven not on duty or sitting time (which we should be paid hourly for)... They know our hos clock keeps going, yea we got that 3 hours of on duty but once that's up sitting cuts into our driving time... They're very aware of our hos constraints but don't give af... Detention isn't enough they need to be fined heavily and boycotted since it's disrespectful to truckers time and ability to earn....
    These s+r are not at all respectful to our time, safety or anything except their freight...if it ain't a 2 way street it's a dead end... Hard to get a group to organize and boycott these bad places that treat us like dirt and have no regard for our time....

But we get thank guy signs on the hwys for working during a health crisis we ourselves are exposed to everyday we're out there... You want to respect us... Give us a place to sleep at night and respect our time, if we respect the appt time so should you!

LoSt_AgAiN, Slingshot88 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Best thing to do is just not haul their freight anymore. In my experience the places with the biggest hassle , dont pay worth a #### and waste everybodys time. I dont think it will ever be succesful striking but if enough people would quit hauling their junk i bet they would load and unload alot quicker

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Anyone ever try the Dock411 app? Didn't need such a thing in running chemicals but a door slammer I know was telling me about it. Like the apps that show truck parking available and such, it depends on more people using it rating places. Not endorsing it but I was just curious if anyone here had tried it.

D.Tibbitt and Loudstacks Thank this.
  5. Loudstacks

Loudstacks Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    Company I work with brought up that app and am assuming they're looking into it... It's a reefer outfit

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.