Shipping lanes, and getting home.

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Dodgerfan82, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Dodgerfan82

Dodgerfan82 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Hey guys I am looking into trucking companies because I will be starting CDL school here shortly and I was wondering about the freight you guys have coming in and out of California. I live off I15 between San Diego and Riverside. I know where the loads are coming from and going to does effect how easy it is to get home. I only expect to get home for a weekend once a month or so but I was wondering how difficult it might be because it don't see your guys trucks around here to frequently. Thank you for the help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigdogg

Bigdogg Light Load Member

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    No love for the dodgers fan hahah lol

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Lol.. We are getting our ###es handed to us anyways.. Our pitching is good but the bats are asleep.. The guys are swinging for the fences instead of trying to advance runners.. And what's a sacrifice bunt? I think we forgot. At this point we need the Cardinals to forget how to play baseball for a couple games in order to stay in this.

5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    shouldn't have a problem getting home in cali, especially if you go western 11. there's tons of may trucks out west, maybe ya dont see them down that far south but they are definitely out there

6. Bigdogg

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    Lol alright alright ill play nice you shouldn't have any problems getting home we run alot out cali and i mean everywhere , i get alot of loads going into Mira Loma , Ontario i pick up alot of loads out of riverside and we have a yard in Colton so if your not to far from Colton you should be fine

7. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Lol ok that's what I figured. One other question. How are the trucks? Obviously as the rookie I'm getting the old stuff for awhile.. Do they fight you on idling when it hot as hell around here? And what about inverters I heard some stuff about Swift not even allowing plug in type. Thats ridiculous.. I don't need to have a microwave or anything crazy but a TV and computer would be nice..

8. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Guess that was more then one... Lol.

9. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    can get an inverter thru them, they will take it outta your pay in installments to make it easier, they will install it
    if its hot, send an idle request and idle
    trucks are pretty good, get changed out before they hit 500k

10. Bigdogg

May 11, 2013
    Phoenix, Az
    Well I've been with may going on 4 months and i got a used 2013 one month in , some other new guys have told me they got the 2014 so i dont know you just might luck out and get a new truck anyways idle you get 45% a week (summer time )plus you can request extra idle time and i haven't been charged for idle YET but you'll hear alot of guys crying about idle policy but thats cuz they want to idle when its 55 degrees outside may has been good to me and i don't regret my decision to come here

11. Dodgerfan82

Apr 9, 2013
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks blue.. So where we're you stationed? You we're the Navy about that same time I was. I was on the USS Port Royal out of Pearl.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.