SHOES vs BOOTS - What do you wear?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SmokinBoles, Jun 30, 2013.

What kind of shoes do you wear while driving?

1. *

Steel toe boots

34.2%
  2. *

Tennis shoes

31.6%
  3. Crocs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Flip Flops

10.5%
  5. *

No Shoes - either socks or bare feet

15.8%
  6. Other

21.1%
  1. dirtyjerz

dirtyjerz glowing beard pouty kid

Jun 7, 2011
    Playing in Traffic
    I wear dc or van's skateboarding shoes 99% of the time. Comfy and grip the pedals well. I keep my work.boots in the truck for those days I need em. Hate driving in them but great for snow, mud, monsoon rains outside the truck. Had a pair of flipflop for the showers but as a local driver now I threw them out, my shower at home is nice and clean.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Sandals during summer. Doc Martens in winter.

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Wear whatever you'd like. In the 33 years I've been driving I never got a ticket from the truck driver fashion police. I've seen drivers wear cowboy boots, tennis shoes, steel toe work boots, and even see quite a few drivers wear sandals to go along with their turbans. Just do us a favor, don't wash your feet in the sink please, it's not our custom here in the states like it is in other parts of the world.

5. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    I envy the guys that can wear whatever they want, especially the guys in shorts and sandals on hot days.
    I have to wear boots and full PPE, some mills won't even allow us out of the truck without gloves on.
    [​IMG]

6. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Jellies, with sparkles. :biggrin_255:

7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I don't generally walk around the truck stops with them. Too many drivers get run over in those places! I'm usually walking at a Wally or some other place close to where I've parked the truck.

8. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Right, with the old blind people that can't see over the steering wheel of their giant Caddy/Lincoln. Stay away 1st of the month.

9. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    heck, just walking into the restrooms make me want to take my shoes and throw them in the garbage.

I am glad I wear my crocs. Means I can wear them into the shower and wash them daily.

Y2K Thanks this.
  10. IslandDriver

IslandDriver Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Vancouver Island
    I voted steel toe boots, but they are actually a steel toe shoe.

11. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    No shoes allowed in trk at all!. I'm a clean freak think off all the stuff you step in unknowingly. Then drag that bacteria and who knows what else into the trk and then get on your bare feet and into the bed then sleep in it. Disgusting. Off course i have artic white carpet and seats in the trk and have a dog as well. She wears booties outside the trk and gets vaccumed everyday

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.