Shotguns in the truck

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by BlueThunderr, Jan 7, 2021.

1. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    yeah it’s a bit much for the truck but that .454 casull is a sweet gun. Love to get my hands on one someday and shoot it.
    I’m looking at a Ruger EC9S 9mm. I’ll have to check out the LCP .380. Thanks for the idea lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Well then I guess you've never been blocked in by drunk people on a wellsite in the middle of nowhere on a reservation. Tell you what, you keep carrying your cooking knives, Emeril. I'm gonna keep being a scaredy cat and carry my big pistol.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Your choice is entirely your business, but the problem arises when some demand that those who do choose to carry where legal not be allowed to for whatever reason.

5. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You remember the phone booth days. It wasn’t about being afraid, it’s about you being responsible for insuring that your own arse gets home safely. But, what about today? Has that changed?

Robbery is not a high priority for police. If you call the police, they will send a car, if they send a car, after that car finish the accident report. So, take that smartphone and turn on the record feature, put it down and handle your business.

“But Six, what are the odds of someone trying to rob me?”

In comparison to whom? The old school phone booth club vs the smartphone worshippers? Before fuel cards we carried cash to pay for fuel (hence the big chain wallets you guys make fun of). I started off local in a beer truck. Beer and booze was COD. Someone was going to try you.

Today, so many of you walk around with those headsets on. You’re fat. You have never had a tough job thus the weak hands. You have never in life stood up to a bully or to throw blows. You go out of your way to avoid conflict. Not knocking you guys, but it is what it is, you are an easy mark. At the very least, you guys had better learn how to be aware and to think on your feet. I’d say that the odds will begin to greatly increase that someone will try to jack you.

6. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Handgun: Glock 17

Rifle: AK-47

Shotgun: Benelli m4

The trinity force of reliability. You could be in Alaska in negative temps and these guns will still fire. The inside temp of your truck could be 500 degrees because of the DeF crap and these guns will still fire. You could drive in the oil fields with windows open and soak up all that dust and these guns will still fire.

A .22 switched handgun is enough to scare off most people trying to get inside your truck lol. But that would be my last option.

7. JDstrick

JDstrick Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2020
    dont carry a fire arm...you risk a concealed carry charge and the owness will be on you to prove otherwise. alot of states have mandatory minimums for concealed carry. u could be up !hit creek fdast without a paddle!!

8. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    And situational awareness and a heightened sense of surroundings can save you and even prevent a crime before you have to resort to force imho

9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    What caliber is that pistol?
    And they have some of these trucking companies that teach their drivers not to use their mirrors when driving down the highway, because they’re ‘not liable for anything behind them.’

bigguns, Dennixx, JoeyJunk and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    Seriously?

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.