Should be starting Roehl in late February

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by majestyk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    Eau Claire to Marshfield to fix a serious issue is too far? Weren't you going southeast anyways? What is with this company these days? You could've pulled into a rest area and been unable to get going again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Yep I agree. I told them as much but they would have none of it. Oh well all's well that ends well I suppose. Got the new starter on along with a new matching drive tire to complement the one I had put on yesterday. They also replaced all the brakes so hopefully nothing else major coming down the line for the old girl.
    Got a decent load heading back out which I hope to complete tonight around midnight if I don't run out of steam. Picking up some plastic here in Tennessee and taking it to the Big Lots DC in Columbus. Only bad part about that is I very well may get one of those nasty Big Lot loads out of there.

4. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Well so much for making it to Columbus tonight. Still haven't started loading and the guy says only 12 of 21 pallets are prepared. Well at least I am now officially collecting our famous high dollar detention pay:)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  5. mcarpe

mcarpe Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Corning, NY

Yeah but isn't it better than making $0 while you wait?

6. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    I'm right there with u buddy. This week has been a Sob! And yesterday I had a load setup to finally get to marshfiled but one popped up that a driver couldn't get to delphos ohio and romeoville il. That loaded in buffolo So they had me hightail to erie to relay yst. But he was a no show at 2000 and I called dispatch at 0030 when I needed to leave to make the appt. And they say " oh btw hehdidnt get ld till 1800 and had to shut down. He's 70 miles from me now lol. Yet they never sent a message telling me this. So here it is 0530 our time and I'm still sitting in erie pa. Par of the course!

7. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Yep had that happen to me. Both of us sitting in the same truckstop for the relay but no messages from dispatch.

Got to drop instead of live unload as I expected here at the Big Lot DC in Columbus. Starting to snow pretty good here. Put in my request for Phoenix trip, let's see how that pans out:)

8. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Yea they canceled that this a.m. and had me pick up a live load 40 miles south of erie and head to danville il to deliver at like 3pm which sucks lol but weather and a overturned fed ex truck has me stopped at the TA in london ohio. Off I-70.. its been a circus trying to get to marshfield to get my new truck lol but I'm getting closer :)

9. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Well guess we drove by the same FedEX:) Sitting it out at the TA in Eaton and heading to Gary to drop the load tomorrow.
    #### cheek starting swelling up yesterday and has remained that way today. Doesn't hurt too much just look a little like Joseph Merrick. Probably in for some dental work. Contacted one of my dental friends to hook me up with some antibiotics tomorrow but he ain't got back to me yet. Guess I will look for a dentist near the terminal and try to get it fixed tomorrow.

10. MayhemTrucking

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Yea I stopped b4 the wreck once I heard about the 10 mile backup lol

11. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    A long day. Got up early and rolled into Gary around noon. My friend was able to arrange a prescription of antibiotics so I ran down to Wal-Mart and picked those up and returned to the yard awaiting my new plan. Got a beautiful New Jersey load heading into the blizzard:) Snowed off and on all the way to were I am at now in Perrysburg, OH. The last 10 miles or so were awful as my wind shield wiper wasn't knocking off the snow and the roads were totally covered over. Made for a slow trip but got in safe. Going to purchase a set of wiper snuggies that will hopefully help out on the windows. Got a little under 600 miles to go to customer tomorrow with a preplan already set after I drop a short distance away. Going to try and get to both tomorrow but weather may very well prevent that.

#### cheek still a little swollen and a little painful. Tempted to sterilize the old knife and try to drain the #### out.

Also my key broke off in the ignition today as I was getting ready to leave the Gary yard. Wasn't able to pull the broke piece out so now using a screw driver to start the truck with:)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.