Should be starting Roehl in late February

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by majestyk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    Ok thanks dude!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Sometimes if you actual miles are a substantial amount higher you can get paid for more miles. Not always though. Just keep track and ask when needed.

Zangief Thanks this.
  4. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Long day today as I had a #### trailer brake hose snap on me last night. I managed to McGyver it up with the body of my pen and some duct tape so I could reach the service plaza. Took a couple of hours to get someone out there to put on a new hose so made for a little longer trip today to unload in York, PA but I made it with an hour to spare.

Sitting at the Pilot in Duncannon just NW of Harrisburg and picking up in Altoona, PA tomorrow and heading to SC. Today makes 1 year of driving on my own as I started Evo 3 on the 13th of May. Total miles driven about 125K for the year.

5. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    Congratulations majestyk! It's nice to hear that you can get the 120,000 miles in within a year. It must feel good not having to worry about that school bill hanging over your head anymore.

6. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

7. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Yeah it is nice to have that knocked out (may still need a few miles as those are actual miles, not paid miles). Either way should have it knocked out by the time I return home on the 19th.

Below is a link to my year at Roehl. This will probably be my last update regarding this but it should serve as a decent template on what you can expect for your first year.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...0TkNsTDk3a05FRUE&authkey=COjKh-wL&hl=en#gid=1

TheEvilTwin69 and Zangief Thank this.
  8. TheEvilTwin69

TheEvilTwin69 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2009
    new york
    congrats on the year! But please don't stop updating this thread

9. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Sitting at the house. The last load I got was pretty piss poor planning as I picked up a relay out of Baltimore Monday afternoon that didn't deliver until today at 1500. I made the best out of it by running hard and making it to the house late Monday night and took the day off yesterday as the Food Lion DC was only 70 miles from my house. Got to the DC about an hour early and ended up taking them over 4 more hours to get me unloaded and of course some computer crash and I have no preplan and no one seems to be returning messages so I call in and they tell me no loads until tomorrow which was the day I supposed to be home to start my home time so I tell them just to send me home tonight instead. So all in all I suppose not too bad but no reason with three days to work on that I should not have had a preplan before I unloaded.
    Lots of work around the house and on my motorcycle to do the next four days so should be busy.

10. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Hey you could be running to Canada for the 5th time in two weeks. Lol.
    preplans before unloaded? Sh$%!!!! the only time I had that was when I was hauling the noisemaker (reefer) behind me. I never get a preplan till I send my MT call. And hey as for piss poor planning, we know how that works.
    My last load was a pick up Monday delivered yesterday so I took a 34. What stunk was being just too far to go home. 200 miles away. Lol
    well enjoy your hometime. Im due home next week and heading to Charlotte for the 600!!!!

11. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Wow 5 times in 3 weeks:) That is pretty strong. I have only manged to deliver up there 3 times in the past year. I don't really mind going there but my phone charges me 0.80 per minute to make calls while there and I didn't get reimbursed for about 50.00 my first trip for phone charges. The next two times I tried to get all my info together for the load leaving Canada as well as the stuff delivering into Canada so I could track down directions etc. before I hit the border. That worked out fine and I didn't have to use my phone while there.
    Got the yard mowed, the front brake calibers put back on my bike and managed a few glassed of whiskey in between so all is good:)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.