should i even take the timeto apply?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by yorkt, Jan 30, 2015.

1. timdriver81

timdriver81 Light Load Member

May 7, 2014
    well they have a lot of openings now on the page and they revamped quite a bit of the application. Before they would ask "have you ever had any incidents in your entire career? if so please list them." So i would have to list one I had 7 years ago, but now they only ask if you have had one in the past 3 years!! so I didn't need to list anything. Looks like they are finally lowering their standards enough for me to be an eligible candidate.

kamen rider Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grabberblue12

grabberblue12 Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2012
    between here and there
    standards are still the same as far as the number of preventable and non preventable as far as disqualifying you. The time frame was 3 years ago when I started 2.5 years ago. They wanted to know all incidents in your career but anything in the 3 year period is what would or could disqualify you.

Buzzard2157 and noninetofive Thank this.
  4. crackerboy

crackerboy Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    WOW! The 30 months of experience doesn't have to be all over the road like before and it looks like they did away with the no more than 2 non preventable in 3 years also that i could tell. I guess they have lowered their standards just a little.

yorkt Thanks this.
  5. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    don't be afraid to apply at another DC as well... work a year, then transfer..

6. yorkt

yorkt Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2009
    maryland
    Was surprised to get a call for a phone interview so quick. I put the app. in only a week ago. Are the questions typical interview questions?

7. yorkt

yorkt Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2009
    maryland
    Well had the phone interview this morning and they said the accident was dot preventable and it is less than 10 years old even though it's not on my dac or psp report. Oh well I'll try again in 6 1/2 years..lol

8. demi

demi Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Tough break, sorry to hear it went that way. Keep on trucking however and be safe out there.

9. dcoty135

dcoty135 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Duncannon, Pa
    Was curious how they found out if it wasn't documented, did you tell them or your employer?

10. kamen rider

kamen rider Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Sparks Nevada
    Apply worst they can say is no, and hopefully if they call talk to your current employer they don't get all weird about you
    Looking

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.