Should I knock on this dude’s door or no?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by twelve25oh9, Dec 2, 2021.

1. twelve25oh9

twelve25oh9 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    This truck sitting next to me, looks like an older freightliner, is idling at high rpms and I had to seal up my truck and shut off the ac because it’s filling my sleeper with fumes. Idk if he’s doing a regen, but I don’t think so, doesn’t sound like high enough rpms. But, okay fine, so I can’t get fresh air into my cab. But to top things off, his air compressor is purging every 20-30 seconds. It woke me up after I’d just fallen asleep, and now I can’t unhear it. Do I knock on his door? I can’t move because there’s no other spot and I’m out of hours. Do I suck it up? I guess I’ll eventually get tired enough to pass out.

nredfor88 and Boondock Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Can you pull out and nose in? That’s all I can think of. Good luck

4. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    no dont knock on his door and wake him up. go camp in the woods or get out of trucking. Trying to save you from a trip to the dentist

5. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    What good is going to do to knock on his door. If there is no where else to park he isn't going to move and 8f he wanted to shut his truck off he probably would have

Coffey, Oxbow, Boondock and 4 others Thank this.
  6. twelve25oh9

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    Me a trip to the dentist? You should be worried about him, I’ll be fine. Second, I’m not sure I buy into the BS idea that I shouldn’t be in trucking if I’m not willing to let people be completely inconsiderate to the point that it affects my ability to sleep. We’re all trying to sleep here. Your answer amounts to I should give up my sleep so he can get his. I’m not the one over here fumigating and with a faulty compressor governor. That’s his problem and he’s making it mine. Maybe you wouldn’t wake him up because you’re worried about a dentist’s bill, but I’m not. I’m worried about it because I’m not sure it’s the right thing to do. But thanks for the helpful advice.

7. twelve25oh9

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    I’d ask him to do so. I’m not running mine. It’s 67 degrees out.

bentstrider83 and Boondock Thank this.
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I'd PC to a safe and quiet place to sleep and tell your dispatcher why. If that's a problem, ask them if they'd prefer that you get poisoned to death by an inconsiderate fool. If they say yes, time for a new job.

Good luck, I've been in similar situations and it does suck.

9. twelve25oh9

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    I want for a walk and found an open spot in the other end of the lot so I crawled over and I’m good now. Thanks for the advice man.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2021
    Reason for edit: fixed quote
  10. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Those compressor issues drive me insane. I have to turn the music up real loud to drown it out. Would I knock on the guys door? Honestly would try not to but if the truck was smoking bad enough to kill me I would or just move. Always love the tuff guys that have bad attitude but cant fight to save there life. To many door and keyboard warriors.

Trucker61016, Mototom, Rickp and 4 others Thank this.
  11. twelve25oh9

Oct 4, 2021
    Pensacola, FL
    Okay, guys, sorry for the ####ty tone I took. I am pretty used to being woken up by the various things going on in trucking, but I get particularly irate when the things that wake me up clearly aren’t going away and I know I’m not going to be able to sleep. Doesn’t justify me being a dick. Guess I’m not much good at hearing answers I don’t like. I found a spot and crawled my truck over to it, and I’m good now. Thanks for the feedback.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.