Should I quit my job before or after going to orientation?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stylez80Nine, Dec 15, 2018.

1. stylez80Nine

stylez80Nine Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2018
    so I’m do to prime orientation on Jan 7 of 19 I’m very excited I have a couple of concerns I have a job that is very good and it pays decent but I believe I can make more trucking anyways I don’t want to quit my job till after orientation when I know my health is beneficial and fine I did a DOT and they gave it to me for 2 years but I don’t want to quit till I’m sure can I just take vacation go to prime and after I know it’s 100% a go I can call me my job and say I’m not coming back please give me some advice as what should I do. Thanks I’m advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Don't quit your day job until you have a starting date on the new job.

4. DYLAN_131

DYLAN_131 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Get behind the wheel.

5. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    My thing is I’m going to get my CDL with the program they offer I don’t have my Cdl yet

6. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Better not burn any bridges.
    What if trucking doesn't pan out the way you wanted? What if your present job turns out to be "the one" and you want it back?

7. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    Welp I want to leave this job but it’s something secured I just don’t know why prime wants me to quit my job right away I’ve just herd people saying they get sent home from orientation and like I said my job it’s not bad but I’m not happy and the money it’s not that great but u make sense lol

Lepton1 and Just passing by Thank this.
  8. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Do you have issues with your health that can be a problem in trucking? If you take vacation until you complete the cdl program at prime, what are you going to do at your old job? Give em no notice?

9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Edited.

Nothing is going to stand properly.

You risk running out of money in trucking. If you have no savings you cannot continue.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Reason for edit: Edited for clarity. Removed non germane content.
  10. stylez80Nine

Dec 2, 2018
    No problem with my health I already took a DOT and they gave me clearance for 2 years but I’m above my normal weight so ima lil concern with that’s and yes if u pass the orientation no problem I’m giving my job notice that I’m not coming back

11. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Take vacation to start when Prime orientation starts. You'll know within a couple of days if you're ok medically at Prime. This way, if Prime finds something wrong, you can finish your vacation and report back to your current employment and no one will be the wiser.

magoo68, Lepton1 and Just passing by Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.