Should I rent or buy a home right now?

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Palm Coast isn’t really a desirable area..”Bedroom Community”. Look a little more south like in Brevard County.

I’ll ever consider selling you my home but it comes with a live in pool boy :)

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Surprised omaha / council bluffs didn't make the list .
    People are paying insane money for houses here now that when the market cools off they will be upside down on .

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Other than being a bedroom community, what else is not desirable about Palm Coast?

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    It's no news that a lot of people are leaving California. What isn't making the news are the large numbers of people who are moving here.
    The newcomers have some bucks.

In my area single family homes that are in good shape and in decent neighborhoods are starting at 400,000 and going up. A friend of mine is a real estate agent and she says that most houses listed in this area are sold in forty eight hours at an average fifteen to twenty percent above asking price.

Homes with small acreage, say ten to forty acres, are selling for fairly low prices but most of them are ex pot farms and there's the matter of who's responsible for the environmental remediation.

Our land has been in the family for close to 100 years and I doubt if we'll be selling any time soon but it's fun to play "what-if" when the developers start waving money at us.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  6. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Palm Coast is (was?) a redneck/swamp trash/"Florida Man" area. They were on the news in Central Florida every night for drug busts, carjackings, home invasions, etc etc.

Many "Florida Man" news reports of the bizarre variety came out of that area.

That doesn't mean it's an awful place or anything, just that a certain crowd inhabits some of the beach areas, and many of the denizens are not there to get jobs and be upstanding members of the community so much as to party and get by without working legitimate jobs.

Maybe similar to the crowd in Vegas?

TheLoadOut, D.Tibbitt and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I had an appraisal done on my place a couple weeks ago and the guy asked the reason for the appraisal and before anything could be replied, he said “To get your money out”?

I thought it was strange and tells me that a ton of people are refinancing to pull their gains out and spend that money! I guess they can’t resist. So, between free gov money, and booming prices, I don’t see spending or inflation lowering anytime soon.

That bubble is gonna burst HARD when it does though.

JoeTruck, D.Tibbitt, Lucky12 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I avoided all that in Las Vegas by living in Henderson.
    I don't want any part of "Florida Man" areas. Maybe I better look in a wider area.
    One time I was very close to buying a beachfront in St. Augustine. Last few times I was through there the place looked run down and not a place I'd want to live.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    So tech won it all right? Can't have "markets" anymore because tech exploited every exploitable angle? AI scans the home listings daily, finding any mispriced assets, recommending immediately the absokut "best" offer?

It should be comforting to any homebuyers, seeing as they know, for certain, if they were able to score a home that the only way that is possible is if they overpaid!

Refreshing news Indeed!

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep and those that live below they're means and don't go deep into debt will be OK...when doo doo hits the fan alot of people gonna be in trouble , I don't plan on profiting from it but I'll be within my means .

Midwest Trucker and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.