Should I reopen my case ???

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by YoungBloodTrucker, Jan 21, 2018.

1. YoungBloodTrucker

YoungBloodTrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Hey how’s it going truckers ? Youngblood here and I got caught going 60 in the 55 on the 99 Southbound in California. Hired driver legal fought the case and lost, found guilty and now eating the points. Should I reopen the case continue to fight in hopes to get a non moving voliation? (side note) I recently got another speeding ticket on the good ol grapevine 65 in the 40 also have an attorney on that. Time is eminent so I must respond soon, thanks for your advice

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The 5 over isn't the one you need to be pouring your resources at to beat. 65 in a 40 is 25 over...and that's one of those "serious violations" that could see you DQ'd if you pick up any more in the next 3 years.

4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    You can try a diff. type service that may do a better job reduce speeding tic. but the CDL killer tic. will not make it any easer to win this one try Roadlaw, good driving jobs will be alot harder to find if you dont win this last one?

5. YoungBloodTrucker

Feb 10, 2016

Thanks I called left a message with my number to get started Monday

baha Thanks this.
  6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    You could try slow down. 5 over is one thing. 25 over is just....never mind dont want to get banned.

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    The 5 over not your concern.....but you better #### well get something done about the other....or there's probably a 90% or better chance you're done driving....it's not the points you need to be concerned with....It's yours or your company's Insurance company....99% of them are going to refuse to covet you with that kind of ticket on your license.,..doesn't matter how your boss may feel..... Ins carrier rules the roost....

stayinback Thanks this.
  8. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    I believe when you have the legal plans, they have lawyers who agree to represent truckers in whatever area that the courtcase is going to be tried. I imagine some areas have good or so/so lawyers. Husband used legal plan here for a ticket and the lawyer was one located here in our town.

That 65 in a 40 is going to be the killer if you can't get it turned into something. Some states consider 25 over as being dangerous and reckless, a lot more severe infraction.

And don't forget, if you are even in your personal vehicle, tickets count.

easytopleez33 Thanks this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Honestly you need to bypass the legal plan thing and get a lawyer who will be involved with your case directly and without being paid as a contractor.

10. YoungBloodTrucker

Feb 10, 2016
    Any suggestions should I google cdl lawyer ??

11. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    That grapevine 40mph is hard to abide. Everyone is going 60+ and trucks are required to go 40

NavigatorWife and supremegod Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.