should i wait to go to schneider

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cubbie, Dec 23, 2007.

1. cubbie

cubbie Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Greenfield Indiana
    Should i wait until march of 08 when i could go to schneider, or should i go to drivers solutions and go to school there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Hmm need some more info...why would you want to wait until March to go to class?

4. Road Dog

Road Dog Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Hey cubbie,thats a question tyou will have to answer yoursely.Too many factors involed.Like, are you in a big hurry to get started?What about finances? If everything lines up Ok,the sooner you get started,the sooner you will be getting a paycheck.

5. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Don't wait unless you have a good reason. I went through CDL school in November, then went to Schneider training this month. If you owned a trucking company, would you want to hire a person who's been sitting on his CDL for several months, or someone who just got it and wants to work now?

6. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

another thing to keep in mind is that even though the training is 2 weeks long...it can be another 2-3 weeks before you start driving your own rig. For me, I did the two weeks. Went out for another week OTR training. Then I went home, then to Denver for more training. Then home...then to denver, then Cheyenne. I think it was about 3ish weeks after training that I finally was driving my own truck.

7. truckin916

truckin916 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    If you have a school to go to other than Schneider so you can get your CDL first you won't have to sign a contract with anyone and they will still reimburse you for your tuition.

Though if you like getting paid for the work you do, you might want to re-consider going to Schneider at all.

8. fresh59

fresh59 Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Schneider has been really good with their new drivers. It all depends on what you are looking for. You are close to the Indy OC. Talk to them and weigh the difference.

9. Marinegreen1775

Marinegreen1775 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    There are many good schools out there. If you want to get on the road now so you can still learn some winter driving skills with a trainer I would go now. Schools can be reimburesed. Go out with a trainer now will give you some skills to handle winter driving by yourself. Go now. That is just my opinion

10. Strngs012

Strngs012 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Palm Coast, Fl
    I think we get your point.

11. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    You are right about the first comment. The second comment requires elaboration.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.