Should my husband L/P with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by cnc8030, Jan 2, 2014.

1. VaGump

VaGump Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    pennsylvania
    hi. Being married with kids he needs to stay a company driver. For at least some income every week, BENEFITS, and not being financially locked in. Health care as independent contractor/self employed is mad expensive. I lease purchase and love it. However I am single with absolutely no bills or debt. So it works for me.

flood Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    I know he's lying through his teeth, I've seen one check in the last year that was close to $1100 and it took 3600 miles to get that. No way to consistently run those kind of miles every week with a babysitter on the dash.

flood Thanks this.
  4. vikedog

vikedog Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Valdosta, Ga
    I've just paid my truck off with xpress so it can be done. I made real good money with them, but then again I'm no rookie either.

flood and shamatae diaz Thank this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What are your to tips to succeed the lease purchase ?

What year is it ? Cascadia or ProStar ? How many miles does it have ? You get to pick ?

6. vikedog

Oct 8, 2013
    Valdosta, Ga
    Honestly I wouldn't do it again because you're gonna more than what the truck is worth. I just got lucky and received a good truck. I have an 07 freightliner with 620, 000 on it. I must add that I'm also a trainer so I was never sitting and got the best of the best when it came to weight and miles. You don't get to choose which truck you want. You're gonna have to train or run team to make it over there, in other words do what you have to do. I didn't run my truck that hard because I made enough to stay home more often. Tell your husband if he's gonna do the lp, that he should get to know his fleet manager up close and personal. They control your miles and if they want to know if you're a go getter or a cry baby.

7. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    We are a husband & wife team at US Xpress on the Ceva dedicated account. Light loads, generally under 15,000 lbs. Thought about the lease so we could pick our loads.

8. vikedog

Oct 8, 2013
    Valdosta, Ga
    I don't know the details about that account and whether or not you get to pick your own loads. I don't think they let lease or o/o participate in the dedicated positions. Check into it before you make the move. You all will do very well teaming, but you already know that.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  9. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I stated it wrong sorry I meant to say you can reject a load right?

10. vikedog

Oct 8, 2013
    Valdosta, Ga
    Yes you can turn loads down. If you decide to lease, stay away from the 2012 freightliner. They are having all types of trouble with those.

11. TruckDuo

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What year of truck would you recommend? Any particular model?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.