Shower from heaven

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by MsSage, Aug 2, 2007.

1. MsSage

MsSage <strong>The Zoo Keeper</strong>

Jul 3, 2006
    NW Panhandle Texas
    I have been in many showers across the country. BUT OH MY GAWD The Petro 2 in Selina,Ks was the best. If I had that shower at home LOL my Driver would only see me for a couple hours cuz I would always go home.
    I told the clerk I wanted a shower for 2 and said please make sure its for 2. I paid the $9 and got the key.
    As we walked in we heard music playing then the marble walls greeted us. The area had to be atleast 12' x 14'. It had a counter with 2 sinks and a mirror that was 7 ' wide with a TV at eye level. YES a TV in the mirror. OK we are impressed to say the least till we see the "shower" WWOOOOOHHHHOOO you see knobs but no shower head so you look on the wall to see a sign showing you which set of knobs works the cascading head in the ceiling and which one works the hand held one on the wall. Now if you have never been in a cascading shower it is awsome it feels like your in a rain shower not too soft but hard enough to wash your hair. There is a pull down seat and your right under the shower head but you can get out of the water if need be. Yes the seat was big. Still plenty of room with the seat down for another person to wash their hair and not feel cramped. After 2 hours LOL we hated to leave but had to get back to Texas. What a wonderful 2 hours it was getting spoiled. And I didnt even tell you about the build in bench to get dressed on. The towels were big and fluffy and soft. I cant wait to go back now to get it worked out where my days off and him having to go through there LOL.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. easyrider

easyrider Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Cowtown, USA
    Well that's one happy customer.

4. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Thanks for the info, I'm keeping a note on this one, my hubby is ALWAYS in Kansas!

5. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

When we moved out here, we bought a Waterpik shower head that seems to be like what you mentioned...feels sort of like rain. Basically, I think it just spreads the water out across a greater area in that huge head before it comes out. The only issue that Ive seen is that with those heads, there are like a 100 little nozzle things the water comes out of and over time, they get gunked up by calcium deposits.

6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Sounds like heaven.:biggrin_25525:

7. User Name

User Name Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Midwest
    On old thread but needs revisited.

I've also used the showers at the Petro2 in Salina. I've yet to find anything that even comes close to this place.

From the two stainless sinks in the black marble counter top to the TV that's built in a mirror that covers a whole wall to the huge rain head in the ceiling that will almost drown ya' & to the many many other things that this place offers that no other does.

Just bumping this because the place needs noticed.

8. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    The Oasis truck stop or garden of eden on I 84 exit 182 in Idaho has pretty good showers as well as nice BIG TUBS yes tubs to shower or take a nice hot bath, and decent sized shower rooms,, they also have a workout room with weights, and 2 tv rooms one for smokers and one for non smokers, never seen that at any other truck stop, they even have a pool table and a game room with video games,, give it a try sometime.

9. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I've heard rave reviews about the showers at Little America. Huge showers, seperate big bathtubs. And since the restrooms have marble (or marble looking) floors, counters and counters, I imagine that the showers have the same.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.