Showers down: "Plumbing problems"

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JC1971, Jul 13, 2022.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Anybody else noticing this a lot over the past year? I think it's because they can't get any of the local stoners, opiate addicts, and tweakers in to work so they use this excuse instead of saying there isn't anyone here cleaning the showers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    TA's have been renovating their showers and bathrooms for the last year.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I don't see it all that often.

Boondock and 86scotty Thank this.
  5. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I saw it a lot last year and beginning of this year.

Boondock and bzinger Thank this.
  6. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Unrelated but a few years ago I went to a flying J in florida, got subway and the methwhore at the counter was picking her face until it was bleeding. She put gloves on after but I decided to toss the sandwich

7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Okay, maybe we just dont go to the same places, but i would argue that its largely the stoners addicts and tweakers that even show up to work anymore, im unsure that theyre not the same people that used to work there, but of a surety ive noticed way more clear addicts at the truck stops working over the past 2 years than i used to (and i dont mean lot lizards) gotta feed the habit to make the job worthwhile i guess

8. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Went to the Flying J Hole in Pecos Tx one time. What a god forsaken place. Sign on door said no showers. Went to desk and asked why. No hot water they said. It was aboot 5 pm. I said give me a key. They did. Went in and had plenty of hot water. Probly ran out after the evening shower rush. :eek:

9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I've only had this happen once in 5 years. 3 or 4 times I've had stone cold water though and I'd rather them just close the showers. It sucks in winter especially when you're ready for a hot shower.

The hired help everywhere sucks these days. Restaurants, stores, truck stops. Car dealers and truck shops can't find decent mechanics.

Would YOU want to clean the showers at a truck stop? I can't imagine what it would take for me to do that job. $200 per hour might get it done.

W923, JoeyJunk, Boondock and 5 others Thank this.
  10. ThomasTrucker21

ThomasTrucker21 Medium Load Member

Happened me today and a couple other times this year. Loves has also been redoing some of their showers. I hope the one in Jackson, GA is on the list

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  11. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Welp one more reason to never go to subway again. Got botulism about 5 years ago along with about 27 other people.....never again. It hurt worse then when my brother shot me in the gut with a .22

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.