Side kit HELP

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Tmichael2332, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Tmichael2332

Tmichael2332 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Mississippi
    I feel really dumb asking this but oh well. It’s also my 2nd time ever putting up a side kid.

The vents on the front and back. How do you open them and keep them open. I’ve tried a ton of different ways same problem each time the middle section will just flap as soon as wind hits it. I’m not worried so much about the front but the back flapping and the velcro seams getting damaged. Gotta have them open for the onions.

Cut a hole and a zip tie maybe? but not my trailer or tarp and it’s all brand new.

Also side question: loaded with another side kit today he only threw the X over the front and back. He said “with the kit I’m technically a van no need for other securement.”. I feel like this is BS I just did mine how I normally do on an open deck. True? False?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. krupa530

krupa530 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Orem, UT
    Sidekit needs proper securement as per open deck. Saying it's technically a van now ain't gonna cut the mustard when something flies through the flimsy side.

stwik and Tmichael2332 Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You're always better off tying your freight down than thinking you're technically a van so don't need to.

Tmichael2332 Thanks this.
  5. Tmichael2332

Tmichael2332 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Mississippi
    My thoughts exactly

krupa530 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.