sideskirts REQUIRED in California 01-01-10

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Dna Mach, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Portland, Or
    I can just see trucks with fiberglass panels half falling off dragging down the highway, with caltrans picking up huge fiberglass debris all along the highways. LOL

There sure is a lot of talk about death panels in the news lately.

WiseOne Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I know we tested them years ago when I drove for Schneider. They lasted about a month. They look flexible in the advertisement, but they WILL be broken, oh yes indeed. I have a few friends that drive for Poly Trucking out of DFW Texas. They are a 47 state carrier just like I am sure many others are too. I'm sure it goes much beyond what us company drivers could grasp. Welcome to California OPEN YOUR WALLET, "Arizona took my last dollar" alright then, bend over for your anal probe and we'll send you the bill.

4. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Ya, noticed Kraft testing something similar on some of their trailers out of Allentown, PA. Saw a bunch of shiny new plastic come in, and after a month or so, saw a lot of cracked plastic hanging around. 15 months till it pays for itself? Hah...

5. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I'm glad I pull a flatbed!

FriedTater Thanks this.
  6. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    the fat gal aint sung yet fella . . . . . . :biggrin_25525:

7. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I'm already a 47 state carrier for the most part anyway. I only take an occasional load into that dump if the rate is really good. If they want me to hang that stuff on my truck...That'll be enough to stop me from going there at all.

So...In my world she has sung.

8. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Who needs plastic on the sides when ya can just let yer tarps hang to the ground? :biggrin_255:

9. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Yeah, let's see them hang those on my drop deck. First trip through the woods would be the end of that. Not that I ever go to the great western pit.

10. FunkRider

FunkRider Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Hamilton, Ontario
    I personally am not opposed to aerodynamic improvements that work and don't hurt usage of the trailer. An engineering friend of mine and I don't feel those side skirts are worth much of anything for the trouble. There are MUCH better ways to clean up the aero on trailers. We are actually doing some scale model and computer aero testing on a few ideas we have. Lets just say the trailer wheels/axles and back of a van trailer are the key spots to make improvements.

11. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway

No. Commufornia/CARB considers it a dangerous threat to life. Same as they do a truck engine idling for more than 5 minutes.

Why guys choose to run that ****hole state is beyond me....

L.B. and Jim Bob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.