sideskirts REQUIRED in California 01-01-10

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Dna Mach, Aug 11, 2009.

1. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    It #### well better not hit my windshield.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I can certianly understand why they're smashed.

I spoke with a MVT driver. He told me they put them on to keep the super singles from wiggling in the tracks/ruts. :biggrin_25512:

What a dumb ### !

BTW, typical fuel savings is only about 3%.

4. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    Why does California care how much you save on fuel? Is california paying youre Diesel NO. Pretty soon they are going to ban extended hood trucks in theire state too.

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

Nope.... Senate Bill 911 will ban the use of drivers with less than 2 years experience.

An inexperienced driver gets less fuel economy. This will save 3% on fuel, and reduce pollution by 20%.

You know I'm kidding? Right?

6. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    Don't give these fools any ideas, Danc... I swear if they come up with something like this I am gonna harrass you to NO END!

7. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Hah, was thinking the exact same thing.

8. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Hmm...but that will kill the cdl mills and stop the flood of noobs that don't know what they're getting into. They might have to raise the rates to get the old dogs motivated enough to move.

9. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    so everyone is going to need these by the end of the year to go in to cali?? is cali giving these too all the companies for free? cause i can just see struggling companies takin an even harder hit with these? how much do they cost to buy, and to have them installed?
    is cali gonna wanna have all the trailers lookin like the one sitting at the 49er with all the wind resisters thingys on them? and speaking of which, that trl in the 49er, is that legal? cause the marking on the front says 53'., but with the front wind nose and the rear fareing wouldnt it be longer then 53'?

10. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Good point, it probably isn't. Just stay out of CA, it isn't worth it.

11. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    This is insane. I've been noticing more of these "skirts" they call them even before reading this. A lot of them are banged up and an eyesore. It looks like your tandems have to be up far enough to keep you from bottoming out on steep railroad tracks and other obstacles. I don't know how that will work when you're not in CA and have them slid way back. I would also think it would be a hazard by limiting visibility to traffic around the truck. It may be minor, but I look for shadows or whatever I can see on the other side of a truck when in heavy traffic. Also when I'm backing I look for shadows and can even see small objects through the underbelly. Maybe the insurance companies will step up and put an end to this.

I'm guessing this won't apply to container trailers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.