Sign of the times?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by 201, May 15, 2022.

1. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    It’s not just the streets. There are still a lot of dock doors around that a 102” reefer won’t go through with the doors open, and you can’t leave a highway tractor hooked to a trailer longer than 45’ and still get the door closed. I’ve lost loads from union shippers before because a b-train on one of those docks leaves about a foot of the front trailer outdoors never mind the truck, and they wouldn’t load it because they couldn’t close the door.

Another Canadian driver and 201 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh, there were many places I had to drop the trailer to close the doors, that was no big deal, this was like taking a 53 footer to the Bronx, or something, I think forbidden, because the area just can't handle it. The same here, or any "city locked" business. All I know, it looked pretty bad, a Safeway billboard trailer, a name people recognize( not the England truck pulling it) taking the front end off a van in front of a big audience. I said loudly for all to hear, "this is who is driving our nations trucks today, folks", and they all heard it. "Safeway", indeed,,

4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    In another 'sign of the times'....

I have water inside my sealed beam headlights. Just how did it get there?????? I haven't taken the truck for a swim lately.

5. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    There's always one A- hole in the group

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.