Signing eld logs everyday, even off duty?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by LTLdreamin, Aug 30, 2021.

1. LTLdreamin

LTLdreamin Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2020
    Hey guys, I have a question. The company I just leased to wants me to sign my eld logs on the keeptruckin app every single day, even when on vacation they want me to log into the app and sign that I was off. Is that even necessary by law? I can remember when I had a truck mounted Qualcomm, I would just certify everything when I got back into the truck after being off for a weekend or a whole week. Any specific law about certifying logs while on vacation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Not everything is a matter of law/regulation. Companies also have policy they want complied with. "Sign everyday" could be company policy. It could be some clueless office moron in the company just parroting a phrase without regard to the regs and not interested in the regs.

You can try explaining that the regs don't require the driver certify his logs every day as that day occurs, but the regs require every day of logs be certified. If you were unconcious in the hospital for a month you could sign your off-duty logs when you wake up and return to duty.

alds, JoeyJunk and LTLdreamin Thank this.
  4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Most stringent regulation iirc is logs to be sent in be no more than 3 days old, but that is specifically targeted at chronically offending companies, if your company is that bad on compliance already, there will be other signs.

Just come back after vacation and certify/sign then, if they have a problem with that, ask for compliance officers personal cell and call them to say "im signing it now" every single day including THEIR days off.

HoneyBadger67, alds, baha and 2 others Thank this.
  5. LTLdreamin

LTLdreamin Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2020
    Hahaha that is such a good idea!

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.