Signs That You've Lost Passion For Your Truck Driving Career

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Final Drive, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Axl99

Axl99 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Harlan Ia
    When you see a panhandler and think there doing better than you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    The only reason I have gone back to them repeatedly, maybe like 6 times in the last 5 years or so is because I'm very familiar with the way things are done there. I know where all the yards are, what lanes and customers to expect and how to make their system work for my interests.

If I ever drive again, lockdown 2.0 is on the horizon with the Delta Variant of covid 19, it will not be with a mega. My CDL is good for another 7 months, so I have that much time to decide if I want to keep on playing the role of an OTR trucker.

CorsairFanboy and homeskillet Thank this.
  4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    When you have unlimited shower credits at Loves.........and can't remember the last time you took a shower! Lol

5. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    The benefits of knowing “how Knight works” doesn’t come close to offsetting the numerous disadvantages they have.

Staying at a mega for that reason is like staying in the 1st grade forever because you know how that works.

6. Harry Flashman

Harry Flashman Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    See there, you burnt out because you were trying too hard.

7. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    It's human tendency to "go with what you know", no surprise there, Knight likes to put on display all of the "Million Mile Plus" drivers they have in the stable, with their custom spec'd trucks and such. The subconscious message being projected to all the other drivers is, "Wow, someday that could be me."

I do agree that there are better opportunities out there, but the amazing thing to me is that there is supposedly a "driver shortage" and they still wouldn't take me back. Although the operations people wanted me back, the recruiter told me, at the last minute, "The safety department has decided to pass on your application". Even though I have no tickets or accidents and I have a good CSA score because of some Level 1, 2 and 3 inspections I've had over the years. As it stands right now, as a matter of principle, I'll never drive for them again. Just like I'll never drive for Swift ever again. I may never drive for any company again.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  8. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Shoot. I take summers off.

9. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Fact checked true.

Lumper Humper and Dockbumper Thank this.
  10. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Every time it rains I'm like: "#### yeah, free windshield washer fluid!"

11. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Its late at night, you've been rolling hard for a few weeks(pre eld)and you realize that last town, just like the next town was your town.

Beginning of the shift and you just can't seem to crawl up into that cab. So you stand there looking at the truck wondering how much longer. I'm 1 day closer to retirement and you saddle up for another adventure on the trail.

No matter how much chrome, hp or $$$. It's over.

End of rant.o_O

wore out, bzinger, Cattleman84 and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.