Silly question, how often do truckers shower?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by mm121, May 6, 2006.

1. SpaceTrukin

SpaceTrukin Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I can't imagine going so long without a shower. Considering there are lots of guys on the frontlines in Iraq and Afghanistan who use babywipes almost daily, because of a lack of proper facilities when out on a mission, we certainly have no excuse here in the good 'ol USA. Yes, babywipes were ORIGINALLY INTENDED for babies, but only as a selling point (the need to wipe your baby is obvious). A wipe is a wipe, though. If one needs to clean their ### or any other parts of themselves so they don't stink, why should they stop to think about what is on the label?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goforce

goforce Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2007
    South, Ga
    Every day somewhere somehow..

Alan:biggrin_25521:

4. World

World Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Moving, Any State
    So the norm is every day, just like most people in their homes. Every now and again a driver will go two days, but most shower or do a serious cleaning every day.

That sounds like what I would do....

5. stretchy puddin

stretchy puddin Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Ashton,WV.
    OH MY FRIEND I CAN TELL YOU NOT ENOUGH!
    AT LEAST SOME OF THEM HAVE NOT WASH IN A VERY LONG TIME.
    WHEN THEY LEAVE THERE STINKING SMELL ON THE CHAIR THAT THEY SAT IN. (AND SOME LADY TRUCKERS SMELL JUST AS BAD!)
    IT REALLY TURNS MY STOMACH. PLEASE PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO EAT IN A PUBLIC PLACE,TAKE A SHOWER I'LL GIVE YOU THE MONEY. THERE'S A SHOWER NEXT DOOR AT THE GAS STATION.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!
    STRETCH:biggrin_2552:

6. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i shower everyday. when i'm running around in the humid areas, i'll shower twice a day if it's possible.

7. Maddog71

Maddog71 Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Anywhere USA
    Everyday usaully at the end of the run at night I pull in to the truck stop fuel the trk park it ! take a shower then go get somthing to eat and end the day!

8. moreaujeremy

moreaujeremy Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2009
    rockford il
    You get showers with every 50 gallons of fuel.And if you find a shower for 6.50 you are very lucky they are most places 10 dollars.But i shower ever day myself.

9. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I never shower. Then I go shopping downtown in the ritzy joints. Make me suffer, I return the favor.

j/k

(or am I?)

:biggrin_2554:

10. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    i don't doubt it with your smelly bosnian self.

11. Nophix

Nophix Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Stevens Point, WI
    I shower every day for the most part, and have baby wipes for times I can't. But, I'm also usually home every couple days, and home on weekends.

On another note, has anybody else noticed that the Porter, In TA is getting greedy with the showers? I typically fuel there a coupe times a week, and always over 100 gallons between tractor and reefer. If I don't get the receipt from the terminal outside, they throw fits about giving my shower coupon. Its starting to get irritating. It seems to be a recent thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.