Skyview Farms

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by antap2, Jul 1, 2008.

1. antap2

antap2 Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Camarillo, CA
    They require a $3500 deposit when you lease a truck, they give you crappy loads, we made a total of $38,000+ gross for them and we brought home $1300 total in three months.

Allen said "you're not gonna make it!" and pulled the truck and kept the $3500 deposit. He broke the lease and left us hanging.

DON'T LEASE ON AS AN OWNER/OPERATOR. Stay away from Skyview in Gothenburg, NE. Maybe you won't meet the same fate!

Wow - check this they have crap loads and not only do they require a $3500 deposit on a O/O lease, but if you have five pay periods that you don't make money they pull the truck and break the lease. Allen was nice enough to ship our stuff home, but would pay for a greyhound ticket home! In three months we grossed over $38,000 and took home $1300!

THIS IS A DEPOSIT RIPOFF! If he can do this every three months -- that's $12000 a year! He also requires a money order or cashiers check. Good business if you can get it. Wonder what the IRS thinks about Skyview Farms and Alan . The Skyview safety rating is -0- so you get pulled in to every scale and can't make any time.

Don't believe the ad in the magazines that says you can make $6000 a week +!

Be careful so you don't get ripped off!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    The application form on the website seemed deceptively easy. It didn't even ask for employment history. The ad in the magazine claims "$6,000 a wk possible". I got a creepy bad vibe when talking to Al. He said "If you don't like running NYC, then you probably won't like working for Skyview." "Probably not." "Sorry."

Yeah or something.:biggrin_25523:

4. mikesanto70

mikesanto70 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Do not join Sky View Farms. They lie and are theives. Their owner operator program is a joke. I have been with them 7 weeks and I'm still in the negative. I have been running 24/7 7 days a week trying to get a head. They took $1500 of my $ for a down payment to get into a truck. and they when I flew out there they said dont expect to make any $ for a month. WHAT!!!! OK I have been here almost 2 months and I'm in the negative $800 every week, cant get above water and cant see when I will, since I have worked every day for 2 mo. straight They are liars who hide behind religion and pretend to be honest people. I am ###### and don't know how or what to do to actually make a dollar. Slavery ended in 1865, but exists at Sky View Farms. You are an ####### if you go there, trust me. I'm a 40 year driver veteran and have never seen such EVIL!!!!

Lalito.1234 Thanks this.
  5. Beechvtail

Beechvtail Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    There are warnings all over this website regarding this type of behavior and the reason(s) not to purchase/lease from any trucking company...If you stop running NOW and sell parts from the truck NOW you might get most of your money back out b4 it is all over...Not that it would be legal but then again is what the company doing to you legal???

6. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    43 years as a driver.... I'd think he was smart enough to know the dangers involved with lease purchases.... But once again, I believe I was proven wrong!

7. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    43 years driving? Maybe 65 years old? And you still fell for what they call an OWNER OPERATOR program, ROFLMFAO!

Sorry driver but you're old enough and have enough whiskers in this business and you actually signed their fleece AFTER being told you would NOT make any money for a month?

Slick, I'm sorry but you didn't run fast enough out the door so you're on your own with this one!

You just hauled their freight and paid them to do it! How does it really feel?

I bet they laughed their arses off all the way to the bank!
    Now the rest of you stupid enough to sign a fleece/lease... PLEASE do not whine about it as you've been warned so many times it's not funny any more...nah...actually it is! LOL

zentrucking and Beechvtail Thank this.
  8. FLEETOWNER74

FLEETOWNER74 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Hey Mike, Thanks for the slanderous post!! Remember that you are responsible for your everything you post here.

Koby
    SKYVIEW

9. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    If he's not telling the truth, then give the facts as you see them. As I see it, telling the truth is not slander. I don't know the facts, but his post is like thousands of other L/P, L/O post, where the driver pays to haul freight and ends up financially ruined with a bad DAC.

10. Beechvtail

Beechvtail Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
  11. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yes this is true
    Our members are warned of this WARNING! YOU are responsible for your posts under Law!

Your response does seem like a threat, and that bothers me?????
    He has detailed some very serious issues he has had with your company
    We would be interested in reading your responses to his claims

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.