Slack adjuster recall?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Mr Bob, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I had a truck come in with 4 slack adjusters backed all the way out. Did Bendix have a recall on Versadjust slacks? I emailed them today so a response will take some time. I had another one last week. These things are not even a year old.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Don379

Don379 Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2021
    I doubt there is a recall. I bought 8 new ones 2 years ago and installed, along with new cams. I did them myself per spec. Worked great for a few months but have found 2 that keep backing off and the ratchets are tight anymore. Im starting to think quality control is garbage and the slack adjusters are garbage. How many miles is on your current cams?? One thing ill tell you that is often over looked,CAMS wear out in a big way. And once there is too much material wore off where the cam bushings ride, You will get way too much movement where the slack adjusters cant and willl not self adjust. Even if yo do adjust, your brakes wont work.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  4. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Ooops read the date wrong. these are a year and a half old about 50k miles. watched as someone else kept pumping the pedal and i could see the adjuster backing out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted